Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ88 error: costs are not capitalized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got a problem with actual settlement WBS

The problem is here:

I've got a settlement profile, settlement structure and an allocation structure. In settlement structure I maintained one cost element as a settlement cost element ("X"). This cost element can't be used for direct posting and can be used as settlement cost element only.

Every time I create a new WBS I maintain a settlement rule according to settlement profile, settlement structure and an allocation structure. During the period I post some costs to WBS. I never post any costs to cost element "X" (settlement cost element).

In the end of period I have to execute an actual settlement (CJ88). While I execute a settlement by period I get an error:

The costs for WBS and for cost element "X" are not capitalized.

If I edit the cost element "X" to the source structure the settlement will be possible

What is the problem with it? How can I exclude cost element "X" from the source structure and use it only as a settlement cost element?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

-- What is the settlement receiver you have?

-- What is the category of the cost element "X" you are using? That should be with 22 category.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

-- the settlement receiver is:

- for settlement type PRE (Preliminary Settlement) - a cost center (Account assignment category = CTR)

- for settlement type FUL (Full Settlement) - a fixed asset (Account assignment category = FXA)

-- the category of the cost element "X" is 22

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. What is the idea behind giving the Cost Center as "PRE" set receiver & the FXA as "FUL" set receiver?

2. Cross check whether the cost element "X" is by mistake included in the CE groups of your Allocation Structure.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, krisap

Well, costs posted to WBS can be capitalized or not. All capitalized costs have to be posted to an asset under construction and all not capitalized costs have to be posted to a cost center while executing preliminary settlement (PRE). When the investment project is over all the capitalized costs have to be posted from AuC to an asset of a special class while executing Full settlement (FUL).

Cost element "X" is not included in the CE groups of allocation structure

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you get any error message number? Also is there any detail message given for your errors. How are you doing the settlement, are you rolling up the cost from lower to top and then top WBSE to AUC? . Are you settling to AUC generated ny IM profile or directly settling to FXA? give some more details

Former Member
0 Kudos

AUC is generated automaticly according to IM profile. Usually every WBS has simple hierarchy and contains only one WBSE

Settlement rule for WBS (and WBSE) is:

- for settlement type PRE (Preliminary Settlement) - a cost center (Account assignment category = CTR)

- for settlement type FUL (Full Settlement) - a fixed asset (Account assignment category = FXA)

All the investment costs are posted to this WBSE during the period. In the end of period all the costs have to be settled to AuC or CTR (Preliminary Settlement):

- the capitalized costs (according to CE Group in source structure) are settled to AuC by settlement cost element "X" (code 3199900010) according to CE Group in allocation structure

- the not capitalized costs (according to CE Group in source structure)are settled to CTR by original cost element according to CE Group in allocation structure.

We settle just this WBSE with the costs without rolling up the costsfrom lower to top.

there is no any error message number

detail message given for this error is (with translation to enlish):

-

Message Text

В позиции 000 для указанного СПП-элемента по счету 3199900010 затраты не капитализируются

(In position 000 for specified WBSE for account 3199900010 costs are not capitalized)

Technical Data

Message type__________ E (Error)

Message class_________ 00 (General Basis texts)

Message number________ 001

Message variable 1____ В позиции 000 для указанного СПП-элемента по счету (In position 000 for specified WBSE for account)

Message variable 2____ 3199900010 затраты не капитализируются (3199900010 costs are not capitalized)

Message variable 3____

Message variable 4____

Message Attributes

Level of detail_______ 2 (Level of detail 2)

Problem class_________

Sort criterion________

Number________________ 1

Environment Information

Item__________________ 001

-