SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No error message while the budget is exceeded in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm working in ECC 6.

I created a PO with budget data (Fund, funds center and commitment item) with reference to an existing contract (without account assignment in the contract).

the budget was exceeded and the budget data was incorrect, but the system lets me save the PO.

It seems the system checks the target value in the contract and doesn't check the budget in the PO line item ...

When I tried to reproduce the same in the system R/3 release 470.

I have the error message BP629 " payment budget exceeded" and this is what I was expecting to have in ECC.6 but it was not the case.

is there an exit missing or customizing missing in ECC.6 to ask the system to check to budget availability for the PO linked to a contract??

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Chiachen

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

FM is not trigger AVC for contract.

Which system do you use(Former or BCS)? Also write CI info(Financ. transaction, Category, Statistical...)

Edited by: alex ice on Jan 31, 2011 2:39 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks

I forgot to say I'm using former budget ...

the commitment item has the financial transaction 30, commitment item category 3 - expenditures.

and CI is not statistical.

Edited by: Chiachen on Jan 31, 2011 2:45 PM

0 Kudos

Hi, then check

1. CI info(as I wrote below)

2. Budget profile in OF12(total or annual amount), which assigned to FM area(in OF 34)

3 OF20 if AVC switch on for Value type 51 with action 3(and for apropriate budget- Commitment or payable)

4 OF23 check if AVC switch on for your account assignments from PO

5 try to reconstruct AVC in FMBV

6. Check if in PO amount not statistical

0 Kudos

Additionally to what Alex mentioned, please verify, by setting a trace in FMDERIVE, that the budget objects derived during the posting of PO are the ones you actually mean to post to.