cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Shop Order Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shop Orders that are created in the ERP system and received through the SAPMEINT are normally not yet released in ME.

Is there a way to automate the "Release Shop Order" activity and define the "Qty to Release" thru a parameter?

(Background is the need to work around the limitation of Lot size = 99.999)

Please help!

Georg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

SAP ME doesn't have an ERP web service to release a shop order, which means that SAPMEINT cannot automatically release a shop order after creating it. And as far as I see the manual release it not an option for you.

<sch:ShopOrderReleaseInfo> <sch:Release>all</sch:Release> </sch:ShopOrderReleaseInfo> The above segment need to be present in <ProductionOrder> segment in order to release the SFCs during the download of iDoc

The solution I suggest requires some custom development on SAP ME and on xMII side.

1. Create a custom web service that exposes public API method ShopOrderServiceInterface.releaseShopOrder.

2. Develop new xMII transaction based on standard SAPMEINT transaction that is used for the shop order creation. In the new transaction make a call to the custom web service described in step 1.

Thanks

Ivan

Edited by: Sergiy Katerinich on Feb 15, 2011 10:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank for your feedback.

We solved the original problem (i.e. max lot size = 99.999) by implementing a trigger in the DB, which increases the lot size up to 10.000.000 when it is set to 99.999. That way we can create a single SFC with quantities greater than 99.999.

It works. But it is of course just a simple workaround. I don't see the reason why the ui field is limited to 99.999 since the db field does not have this limitation. Maybe this could be fixed in a future patch...?

thanks,

Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did your problem got resolved, please share if you have any documents related to Automate shop order release .

Regards,

Rajiv