Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during EHP1 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

During EHP1 SP25 upgrade, we are getting below error-

SYNTAX_ERROR, we are not able to login to system. Running any tcode give this error. There was error during main import phase so Programs couldn't be generated.

As per some posts on SDN, I found that TP command at OS level can get the process further. I am getting commands like -

tp r3i (Request> SM9 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_SM9.PFL tag=spam -Dclientcascade=yes -Drepeatonerror=8

But don't know what to put for a queue in <Request>. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sabita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> As per some posts on SDN, I found that TP command at OS level can get the process further. I am getting commands like -

> tp r3i (Request> SM9 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_SM9.PFL tag=spam -Dclientcascade=yes -Drepeatonerror=8

> But don't know what to put for a queue in <Request>. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Open an OSS call and let the support check the state of the system.

I would never use r3i as option to import something without being advised by the support.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivjansi and Markus,

Thanks for your inputs. I had already raised a ticket, but it was test system so they were facing issue in logging. This issue is resolved. Later on we needed to import the queue again and lot more issues occurred, but finally it is successfully imported.

Thanks,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it should be your Packages number like SAPKB70013

you can find the failed packages using the command tp showbuffer <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/<profile_name>

and the command you requested as below

tp r3i <BASIS PATCH Number> <SID> pf = TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL tag=spam

tp r3i all <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL tag=spam -Dclientcascade=yes -Drepeatonerror=8

But be aware for following these os level sp import. it is critical.

Thanks,

Jansi