cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Mail Adapter ASMA issue - due to limitation of length upto 200 only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where i have to pull the emails from the mail server using sender mail adpater with XIPAYLOAD as message protocol.

Also i am setting the "Set Adapter Setting Messgae Attributes" for retrieving values form header such as SHeaderCC etc..

I use dynamic config in the mapping to get those values.

The Scenario works fine, but when the cc length is more that 200, i am not getting any value in the inbound messgae to mapping.

In SAP help, it says, "The length of the attribute value is defined by the XI message protocol. Values can be a maximum of 200 characters long. If, for example, you assign longer values in the mapping or adapter modules then this can lead to processing errors at runtime or the values are shortened to 200 characters. This shortening can also lead to a processing error. The processing error that occurs depends on the components that access the attributes."

In my case, the cc is empty if the length is more that 200.

Any idea how to tackle this issue? I think even writng the sender adapter module wont solve the issue as the any attribute lenght inthe message ehader cannot be greater than 200.

All ideas are welcome.

Regards,

Manikandan R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you said this error will occur when the mail messages with header attributes containing the values more than 200 chars. By including the adapter module u2013 DynamicConfigurationBean (valuelength) in the configuration part - Advanced you can avoid this error.

Processing Sequence:

AF_Modules/DynamicConfigurationBean

Module Configuration

dc.valueLength 200

Note:

This module will remove the header attributes if the value is > 200.

Regards

Ramg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have given this already in the Module Tab. Eventhouh we add, cc is not there for the char length greater than 200.

Also, in sap help, i see that "Use of Mail Package is deprecated and is supported only for backward compatibility. New scenarios should use Adapter Specific Message Attributes (ASMA) to transfer the information about the sender (From), receiver (To), Cc, and Subject of the e-mail..."

Though it is deprecated, i am trying to use it to see whether it works for < 200 character...but i am not able to locate the correct mail structure xsd..the xsd strucrue suggested in sap note does not have Cc field in it...is there anyother structure?

Even the Inbound message from Email server does not have cc field in it!

Regards,

Manikandan R