cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default shipment output type for customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I have 2 shipment output type. is it possible to assign one of them to the specific customer.

Thank you & best regards,

Saiful arif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I somehow feel that this is not possible processwise (though technically it is very much possible). I assume that you mean Customer for the Sold to party.

When you create shipment, you can create one shipment for multiple deliveries with multiple ship to parties but from one transportation planning point. All these ship to parties can form a transportation chain in the shipment and the leg determination can accordingly happen. Because there are many SHs, there will obviously many sold to parties. In this circumstance, even if you trigger the output based on one customer, it becomes applicable for all customers, as the output type will be created at the shipment level and not at customer level. So I see some difficulty in really enabling this.

Hope you understand the complexity!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shipment Output types can be assigned to Partner Functions (like Forwarding Agent, etc.). So if the Vendors have different partner fns. then - it could be possible. Pls. check and let me know.

Menupath - SPRO-> Logistics Execution -> Transportation -> Basic Transportation Fns. -> Output Control .....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Menupath - SPRO-> Logistics Execution -> Transportation -> Basic Transportation Fns. -> Output Control -> Maintain output deter. for shipments. -> Assign output type to partner functions

So what next ???

Saiful arif

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above explanation is quite valid.

First of all from Transportation Module -

But tell me - why do you want to assign the 2 output types to two different sets of customers/vendors? Do they have different functions entirely (like Ship-to/Sold to/ forwarding Agent, etc). Then you can possibly do as I had explained above.

Alternatively -

Now through ABAP development you can create a Z-table with customers and indicators to group them. Then you can create a routine and attach it to the output type in your output determination procedure - which will control which output applies to which group of customers based on the indicator in Z-table.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have 2 kind of out put type for shipment. 1 for regular customer and the other for special customer. there are no different functions entirely. both of them is forwarding agent. just only the out type.

and what i want is standard transaction SAP not Z program.

Saiful arif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arif ,

This is possible through standard SAP . Please note as given below :

1. In customer master sales tab --> Additional data , where u have some blank fields , select one of the field for this purpose and mark this field only for special customer indictor .

2. Then Add this filed in one of the access of the out put .

3. Maintain out put records for this access .

4. Create sales order for this special customer , the out put is populated in the sales order.

Sorry , i am not able to give example of the field in customer master which can be used as i am not have access presently .

Try this out ans let me know if you have any problems

Regards

Veera