Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE to SOAP synchronous scenario - config of SOAP channel

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I want PI to pull some files from 3rd party application.

Adapters to be used: SOAP receiver, FILE adapters.

I am aware of the use of Request/Response beans in File sender channel and the File receiver channel to dump the received files in a particular location.

I need help with the configuration of the SOAP channel.

The files to be pulled will be Encrypted.

Summary:

File sender(RequestResponse & ResponseOneWay Beans) , File receiver( to receive the files), SOAP receiver.

Need help with the config of SOAP.

Kindly let me know your views.

Thanks,

Pratibha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please send steps to file to jdbc ms access as database

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratiba,

Pratiba wrote:

>>>>> But, I need help with SOAP config with respect to the scenario.

The request message from the SOAP receiver is normally encoded in UTF-8. If you want to change this encoding, for instance to iso-8859-1, you can set parameter XMBWS.XMLEncoding to iso-8859-1 in the module configuration for the SOAP adapter module. This setting is for the outgoing SOAP message and has no effect on the incoming SOAP message. For the incoming SOAP message, any code page supported by the local JDK is accepted.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratiba,

>>>>Need help with the config of SOAP.

Please see the below blog, it will explain you how to configure SOAP Adapter.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a22024...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Rajesh

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh...

But, I need help with SOAP config with respect to the scenario..

Regards,

Pratibha.

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want a mechanism where I can send a file (say which is in a FTP folder) as a response when I ping( by using the FILE sender adapter) to the URL mentioned in the SOAP channel.

Thanks,

Pratibha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mentioned you are using SOAP receiver adapter..

so you have wsdl already avaialbe with you ... if yes then you scenario can be achieved like below

File sender - polls for file to be sent to target system via soap adapter...

Soap receiver : Config the URL provided in the WSDL.

File receiver : if response is sent by soap then can save the same in file using file receiver adapter...

if this is not what your scenario is then provide more details of your requirement...some one here can help

HTH

Rajesh

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks..

To explain more about the scenario-

Think from the 3rd party...Once it receives some file from the sender FILE adapter(to receiver SOAP), I want to send some file in response. So, I want to know the config from the SOAP perspective.

How the SOAP is going to fetch the file from a particular location and send it as a response.

Note: Response file is going to be PGP ENCRYPTED.

Regards,

Pratibha.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you have to confirm your target system(web service system) going to support sync calls or not, if it is going to support then ask them how the response structure is coming when ever you post data?

if you get these details then create reponse structure and create indbound interface as a synchrounos add request response strucrtures.

you dont required any specific congurations in SOAP receive adapter.

Regards,

Raj

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me put it in detail steps:

In forward flow we will be sending an IDoc. It will be processed and later an Acknowledgement file will be generated.

Now, we want to PULL this Ack file. If the other party had to push the Ack file, the scenario would have been simple.

But, we want to poll for this file and then pull it.

So, we would have something like this:

1. FILE SENDER sends a sample file.

2. We will be applying the beans in file sender to make it a synchronous scenario. So, the Ack file will be received at the location mentioned in the corresponding FILE RECEIVER adapter.

3. We have a SOAP RECEIVER which should send the ACK file in response.

I have configured the same scenario where the RECEIVER was HTTP adapter. The 3rd party had provided us the URL and ENT-APRF value. When I used to send the sample file via FILE SENDER to this HTTP receiver, I was able to retrieve the ACK file via the FILE RECEIVER.

Now, I wish to configure the same using RECEIVER SOAP adapter.

I need to know about the config at SOAP end i.e. how and where the ACK file will be available at the SOAP end for the FILE sender to pull the file.

Ack files will be encrypted..

Any views/suggestions will be of great help.

Thanks,

Pratibha.