cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to Web Dynpo without creating a new instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a heteregenes Web appl. - no SAP apll in frame one and Web Dynpro appl in frame two. I have to send a request from frame one to frame two (to existing Web Dynpro apll. instance - not to new one!!). Is it possible?

Best regards

Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello everyone,

> I have a heteregenes Web appl. - no SAP apll in frame one and Web Dynpro appl in frame two. I have to send a request from frame one to frame two (to existing Web Dynpro apll. instance - not to new one!!). Is it possible?

>

> Best regards

> Bogdan

Hallo Bogdan,

Your question is not clear. You have to explain in a normal way so that everyone can understand and reply to you.

Are your applications run in a Portal environment ? Then consider portal eventing as possible solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran,

thx. for your answer.

My Application should run without Portal, so Portal eventing is not apllicable.

I try to explain my problem better:) It is a HTML Page with Frameset. In Frame one I have an AJAX non SAP appl. in Frame two SAP Webdynpro. When user start an action in Frame on (for example press a button or link) the Webdynpro appl heve to respond (it should find and display an SAP Object with given id).

I hope it's a little better described jet:)

best regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation.

You are talking about the client event. I am not sure if this is possible in 7.01, in 7.02 it is possible to achieve using wiring technology.

Probably you can get in touch with Thomas Jung regarding this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx a lot

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>7.02 it is possible to achieve using wiring technology

Not really - not as described. Wiring is part of the page builder framework and it requires that the master frame of the page be the Web Dynpro ABAP Page Builder. You can then embed your non-SAP ajax page as an iFrame CHIP. However the wiring of events when working with iFrame CHIPs is very limited. iFrame CHIPs can only accept events from WDA CHIPs as URL parameters. They can not issue events.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thx for your response.

If I have it well-understood than it's only a communication from WD into IFrame possible. An event from IFrame can not be handelt in WD. Is that right?

Best regards,

Bogdan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Thomas,

> thx for your response.

> If I have it well-understood than it's only a communication from WD into IFrame possible. An event from IFrame can not be handelt in WD. Is that right?

>

> Best regards,

> Bogdan

Yes that is correct. There is no mechanism for iFrame CHIPs to produce events, only to receive them and then only as URL parameters.

The only way I know for such communication to work is via Portal Eventing. Portal Eventing can be used within the NetWeaver Business Client as well as the NetWeaver Portal.

Answers (0)