SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biller Direct / Utility Customer E-Services (UCES) Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing IS-U (Utilities) for our client. Also we are implementing higher version of Biller Direct, i.e. Utility Customer E-Services (UCES) 6.04.

UCES has been installed in the same Web Application Server where portal is installed.

We have done the configuration from UCES side (XCM and User Management) e.g. created additional user attributes e.g. fscm_refuser, objtyp_0, objKey_0 etc. Corresponding values have also been filled up in Customized Information (in User Management). Single Sign-on has been implemented between portal and the backend SAP IS-U system.

XCM configuration (connection manager) has been done and connection test shows green "Successful" message.

But when we log in to the application following message is shown -

A general problem has occurred within the logon. The error message is: .

Still now no configuration has been made in SAP backend (except for user creation and JCO connection).

It seems some configuration is required in backend (e.g. FI-CA) in order to show data to web.

Can you please provide some information regarding configuration that needs to be done in SAP backend.

Thanks in advance.

Sudip

4 REPLIES 4

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip Majumder,

First i want to inform you that UCES is consuming FICA/FIAR customisations.So before testing UCES application you must compleate FICA settings.

You can check the setting of FICA using bestpractise documents or by FICA consultants.

Can you expalin the in which page/tab you are getting this error ?(this is a common error msg in UCES).

Then i can guide you.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I am new to UCES & need your help in UCES self registration process.

I have created new thread for this i.e. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3178770

Kindly go through this thread where all details I have mentioned.

I am getting error "Your user master has not been created correctly. Contact your system administrator"

Also I want to know whether new user can provide business partner & contract account number while registration? or custom application required for it?

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually not much is required to let UCES / Biller Direct show up without error message

1) JCO Connection

2) Create a reference user within ERP and set it in the XCM

3) Create a security profile to assign all permissions (or for the moment just assign SAP_ALL) to the reference user. More details you find in the configuration guide

4) Create a user (UME or SU01 depending on your scenario), which you like to use for login

5) Add a business partner to your user as reference (depending on your scenario within UME as custom attributues or within the SU01 transaction). Within UME you also assign the reference User as well

Now the app should show up without errors and depending on the features you like to use, you have to do the corresponding configuration within XCM or Tx SPRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.