cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistencies in Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Interactive Demand Planning, Notes can be created in the planning book. These notes are similar to comments in Excel, and can be created at different levels. I have 2 Queries:

1. How does Delete Notes Indicator work: I had created a note for a particular CVC, i have then deleted that CVC by ticking on Delete Notes indicator in the MC62--> Delete characteristic combinations from List. It is observed that the notes have not got deleted and can be viewed in the notes overview section

2. How does Remove Inconsistencies Work: Under Consistency check of the Planning Area one can check the consistency for Notes, there is an option to remove inconsistencies, logically the system should identify that notes exist for combinations which are not available in the Planning Area (considering the above case). But the system is showing that there are no inconsistencies.

We are using SCM 5 with SP15.

Regards,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

When you delete characteristics combinations, the corresponding notes are also immediately deleted. All notes for the planning areas that use this planning object structure disappear. Since the consistency check is done on the planning area and notes are deleted it does not show the inconsistency according to me.

The notes are essentially retained when you deinitialize and subsequently initialize the planning area.

Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

The issue is that in the first place, notes are not getting deleted when the CVCs are deleted. Notes thus appear in the notes overview and are not traced in the consistency check either.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Sorry i didnt notice your support pack. Kindly implement the note 1400284 in your system and re-test your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Notes are stored at particular level.

I mean if you create notes at product level and delete CVC at a particular product and location. in this kind of situation notes still exists at product.

Please check do you have this situation.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

We have implemented the note and still the notes are not getting deleted, and also not able to find another note with this symptom.

Any Suggestions?

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

The Level of note creation and the deletion of CVCs is at the same level. I have created a note at product level and have deleted the CVCs for that product, still the notes are not getting deleted.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

That note should solve the issue according to me. Just confirming, have you selected "Delete notes" option?

Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

I had ticked the Delete Note check. However the issue was something else. It is observed that this MPOS had multiple Planning Areas in the development system, There was some inconsistency on one of these dummy planning areas (could not trace what was the inconsistency).

I have deleted those extra planning areas, and then the Notes have got deleted, need to check out all scenarios though.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

There are 2 options to delete CVCs:

1. Delete Characteristic Combinations

2. Delete from a Combination List

Notes deletion when CVCs are deleted is working fine with the 1st option, But with the second option the notes are not getting deleted. Could not find any notes in service.sap as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath