cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versioning and Document Hierarchies

0 Kudos

Hi,

when you are using document hierarchies and you create a new version of the superior document I guess SAP standard it will not copy the lower level documents. Is it possible to get SAP to automatically copy the hierarchy into the new version?

Regards,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I hope you can use the previous version as template which will lead to copy all data and fields.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to DMS and my requiremnt is to update the version through a bapi for which I am using BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATENEWVRS2. Can you please tell me in detail how can I manually create a document in cv01n transaction. I am passing following values to this bapi.

REFDOCUMENTTYPE = SPE

REFDOCUMENTNUMBER = 3.1-3001-9028

REFDOCUMENTPART = 000

REFDOCUMENTVERSION = A

NEWDOCUMENTVERSION= C

COPYCLASSIFICATION = X

COPYORIGINALS = X

COPYDOCBOM = X

COPYOBJECTLINKS = *

Do I need to pass any other parameters?

Thanks

Shilpa

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

I think you have raised this question two times because I just answered the same question regarding CV01N in another discussion.

Regarding the BAPI please note that DMS BAPI always require that BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is executed afterwards. Otherwise the changes want be realized in the system database tables.

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to create a document version with the help of bapi BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATENEWVRS2.

It is throwing an error document in return parameter SPE/3.1-3001-9028/000/C DOES NOT EXIST.

REFDOCUMENTTYPE = SPE

REFDOCUMENTPART = 000

REFDOCUMENTVERSION = A

NEWDOCUMENTVERSION= C

COPYCLASSIFICATION = X

COPYORIGINALS = X

COPYDOCBOM = X

COPYOBJECTLINKS = *

Do I need to pass any other parameters? Please help me

Thanks

Shilpa

Shilpa

roopa_ms
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATENEWVRS2 function module to create the newversion. If you set the importing flag 'COPYBOM' to X , you will have the Bom's copied to the target document.

Hope this answers your question.

regards,

Roopa

0 Kudos

Thanks Roopa,

do you know if there is a similar option/functionality for copying hierarchies?

The customer want us to implement some kind of functionality that will automatically include documents in the hiearchy when a new version is created of the higher-level document. Today they are not using hierarchies, so I am contemplating whether it would be better for them to go for document BOM's rather than document hierarchies. Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Kenneth

0 Kudos

I*ve checked out the BAPI. That is I've opened up the source code. I don't se a paramater called COPYBOM. I see one called COPYDOCBOM is this the one that you are referring to?

What will I have to ask my ABAP'er to do if I want him/her to make these changes?

Today I can see that COPYDOCBOM is mentioned under EXPORT not IMPORT (though it is mentioned under IMPORT higher up, but this code has been commented out).

Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

I am new to DMS and my requiremnt is to update the version through a bapi for which I am using BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATENEWVRS2. Can you please tell me in detail how can I manually create a document in cv01n transaction. I am passing following values to this bapi.

REFDOCUMENTTYPE = SPE

REFDOCUMENTPART = 000

REFDOCUMENTVERSION = A

NEWDOCUMENTVERSION= C

COPYCLASSIFICATION = X

COPYORIGINALS = X

COPYDOCBOM = X

COPYOBJECTLINKS = *

Do I need to pass any other parameters?

Thanks

Shilpa