Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPAPO naming terminology

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am new to APO & am stuck at the naming convention of standard SAPAPO Program/Reports. For ex:

(1) /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC : Could come one tell me what does LCM stand for ?

/SAPAPO/Time Series_LCM(?)_PLanningOBjects_DELTA_SYNC(ronization)

This program/job is used to Adjust the Time Series while creating/deleting CVC's during Planning run (Pls correct me if I am wrong)

(2) /SAPAPO/RMSDPDEP : What does RMSDP stand for? Does DP stands for Demand Planning here? The next DEP stands for DEPloyment.. as its the Deployment Job Run name

(3) /SAPAPO/RMDPLOPT : What does RMDPL stand for? Does OPT means Optimizer Jobs

(4) /SAPAPO/RSNPDRP1 : What does R stand for? Next SNP stand for SNP! Does the next DRP1 stands for Distributive Requirements Planning? Whta does the numeric 1 signify?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Kumar

Edited by: Blue Lotus on Jan 31, 2011 9:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please find my below comments on your points.

1) /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC : This report is used to adjust the time-series objects.In the name of this report TS stands for Time Series, LCM stands for Management of Live-Cache/ LiveCache Management,PLOB stands for Planning Objects and SYNC stand for Synchronization.

2) /SAPAPO/RMSDPDEP : In this R stands for Report which is an executable program,,M stand for Material Management Application Area, SDP stands for Supply & Demand Planner

which is nothing but package under which this report is developed, DEP stands for Deployment

3) /SAPAPO/RMDPLOPT: R stands for Report which is an executable program, M for Material Management which is an application area, DPL stands for Deployment and OPT stands for Optimizer.

4) /SAPAPO/RSNPDRP1: R stands for Report which is an executable program,SNP stands for Supply network Planning, DRP stands for Demand Requirement Planning and for 1 I am also not sure why they added 1 behind this.

I hope now at least for few of the above points, you are clear with naming conventions of standard reports in APO.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh.

DRP - Distribution Requirements Planning & Demand Requirement Planning

If DEP & DPL both stands for DEPLOYMENT, then I am not sure if they stick themselves to standard acronyms for naming convention.

Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Stuck??? Are you saying this lack of knowledge is preventing you from proceeding in some way????

You have made many assumptions. Inherent in these assumptions is that the program name is somehow an abbreviation of an English phrase in some way. I have never seen any docs where SAP makes this statement, or lists such naming conventions. I personally doubt that SAP has a rigorously consistent program naming convention. Many SAP programmers don't even use English as a first language.

Your guesses are as good as anyone else's. I am sure other qualified experts will have opinions as well. If there actually exists any such logic, only the SAP programming team that created the software could tell you for sure. You could address your question to Walldorf... If you do so, please let us know what you find.

Since you are new to SAP, you might want to consider focusing your efforts on learning more about the functionality of the software, rather than on the logic of the names.

Best Regards,

DB49

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

Yr message cleared all my apprehensions about SAP (the german company) adhering to some norms while pharasing the ENGLISH names of the program codes. I just imagined the American way of naming convention might exists.

You mentioned about Waldorf, pls tell me more about him.

Funtionality I had understood on the macro level, but now I need to do the micro-steps & troubleshoot to get the ticktes resolved. The same could be accomplished only if I get my hands dirty & can run/execute/modify & monitor the jobs & programs & the runs of APO.

Thanks for yr quick reply.. It helped

Cheers

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Walldorf is a city in Germany, and it is the home of SAP worldwide corporate headquarters. Whenever you hear me referring to 'Walldorf', I am talking about the company "SAP AG" who creates the software you are working on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_AG

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned about Waldorf, pls tell me more about him.

HAAAA HAAAAAAA! ! ! (Nelson)

E X C E L L E N T

nearly wet myself

By the way - you signed Amit on one thread and Kumar on another using Blue Lotus???

Edited by: David Berry on Jan 31, 2011 3:08 PM

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

it ain't dat funny is it 😮

my full name is Amit Kumar & BLUE LOTUS is my alias!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Dogboy49 kindly took the time to remind me to mind my manners earlier today after my comment about the Waldorf entry which was unacceptable.

Please accept my apologies if I caused any offence - it was unprofessional and uncalled for.

BR

David

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

No issue David, I was in a different mood yesterday.

I should have been glad that I managed to tickle yr funny bone, in whatsoever way

No apologies required buddy.. atleast yr reaction was frank & honest!

I got my querry answered & also got to know about waldorf in the way

No hard feelings.

Cheers!

Amit Kumar