cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to display SAP GUI Narrow format in RF scanner ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii all,

Right now i m using RF scanner which is running on Microsoft CE.Net OS. Now i m going to integrate scanning with SAP functionalities.

so how can i display SAP GUI in RF Scanner which uses small screen ( i think 16 X 20)?

I have heard about SapWebConsole and SapConsole ?

How to use this ? Plz give basic idea regarding this and tell me how it would help me.

If u have any other idea regarding this situation , plz reply soon.

My mail id is kavan.sk@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,

Kavan Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would like to know whether text areas are supported on the RF-Screens

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With ITSmobile you could display a textarea. With Web SAPConsole this is not possible. In the SAP help portal i.e. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/36/5941224b0611d189740000e8322d00/frameset.htm you can find how do do this.

Implementing Text Areas

In addition to the usual one-line input fields, HTML also supports multiple line text areas.

To implement an application allowing the user to enter a short message in ABAP, you could define an internal table i.e. message_text. Write the internal table with the Web Transaction API (macros FIELD-SET, FIELD-TRANSPORT) to the ITS context. You can find the documentation about Web Transaction API here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/48/35d69f4abf11d18a0f0000e816ae6e/frameset.htm.

To define an equivalent text box, you need to specify the following code in HTML:

<textarea name="message_text[]" cols="46" rows="10"></textarea>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavan!

RF Programming for SAP Console / WebSAP Console require es the standard ABAP Dialog Programming skill set with certain limitations to Screen Design as below.For a 16x20 RF Screen Design(to meet your requirement), you may have to define the Number of Lines as 16 & Columns as 20 in your Screen Attributes in SE51 for the RF Transaction you are developing.Also take into considerations few ABAP RF programming guidelines below.

(1) The user interacts with the system via pushbuttons, which must be assigned accordingly in the GUI status

(2) Adjust your screen elements and the screen layout to the device size as mentioned above

(3) Create a RF menu for navigation purposes

(4) Don’t forget that no F1 Help, F4 Input Help, and no message long text is available.Since the RF module uses F1 & F4 function keys differently than the regular ABAP screens, they should be overloaded.

(5) If you want to adjust the screen size to your device size, you should work with a logical vs. physical screen structure

Not Supported Features on Character Cell Terminals

Dropdown List Box

Checkboxes: Since pointing devices are not always available, the checking of these boxes should be tapped by function keys.

Radio Buttons

Table Control

Icons

However compare the WebSAPConsole Guide for the supported features.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank You

Gisk