Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table for Catalog Code Texts

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to use SQVI for making a report on Catalogs using tables VIQMEL, VIQMFE, VIQMUR, VIQMSM, VIQMMA.

I am not able find the fields for Code Texts for all catalgs in any of these table. when I use QPCT table, I am able to get Code Text for only one catalg.

Because his exercise is code-independent, ABAP alternatives like using Structure RIWO00 are not relevant for my requirement.

Please give an idea to solve this problem using table route.

Regards

Jogeswara Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Pete

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The data has to be there somewhere in the system...

Can you give more details on what you are trying to achieve?

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I request you to go through my previous messages, where it has been explained in detail,(especially 2nd from bottom)

Regards

Jogeswara Rao

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, and I asked for more details because I don't understand your original post fully..

An example may help..

PeteA

vairavelb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are you looking to develop a report which has Code text for Coding , Object part and damage ? This is not possible to develop through SQVI.

thanks

Bala

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I use to develop non-standard reports using tools SQVI and Infoset Query (SQ03, SQ02 and SQ01).

For this, I need to know the tables to design selection and output screens.

Present attempt is to create a report which displays the combined report of IW29, IW65, IW67 & IW69 fields.

For this work, the tables VIQMEL, VIQMFE, VIQMUR, VIQMSM, VIQMMA fulfill most of the requirement. But 5no. of fields (TXTCD**) said before are not present in any of the s above tables. They are part of Structure RIWO00. Structure fields can not be used in this process without using ABAP code.

So I have been trying to get these fields from SAP-tables.

Hope I made myself understood this time.

Thank you

Regards

Jogeswara Rao

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jogeswara Rao

As stated earlier, the data for the catalog type text shown in RIWO00 is derived from TQ15/TQ15T

The data is selected in program include LIQS0F40, form KAT_TEXT_LESEN_F40 and function module READ_CATALOGUE_TEXT

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yopu have to make by transaction QS41 is a convination of Catalog C and 5

Then in the Functional Location and Equipement you have to Assign The Goup code just created

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jogeswara Rao

A quick Google search found [this|http://thebeautiful.narod.ru/download/SAP-PM_Tables.pdf]

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Pete,

But my query does not fall in this area.

Perhaps it requires help from the people who worked on the same tables and SQVI, SQ02, SQ01 etc.

Best Regards

Jogeswara Rao

peter_atkin
Active Contributor

Not 100% sure what your question is. But the Catalog/Catalog Code tables are below:

QPGR/QPGT Catalogs

QPCD/QPCT Catalog Codes

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Pete,

My requirement is as below:

I am trying to develop a report through non-ABAP methods (SQVI, SQ02,SQ01 etc) which is a combination of IW29, IW65, IW67, and IW69.

During this I am not able to get the 'Code Text' fields for different catalogs (namely TXTCDOT, TXTCDFE, TXTCDUR, TXTCDSM, TXTCDMA)

Regards

Jogeswara Rao

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TQ15 and TQ15T contain the Catalog Type texts

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems the fields I require (given in my previous reply) are not to be contained by any of the SAP-Table.

Instead they appear in Structures (RIWO00), which can not be used without ABAP Code either in an ABAP Report program or in an Infoset Query.

Such features of SAP become constraints to the functional persons and makes them dependent on technical persons.

Thank you for your time Pete.

I am open to any further ideas.

Regards

Jogeswara Rao