cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM / FireFighter in NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our users have not been trained to use the technical names of Tcodes in NWBC (we are on version 1.0). They have been trained to just navigate through the folders in NWBC and click on the appropriate Tcodes description.

In NWBC, when a user logs in with the firfighter ID it opens a new session similar to what we see in the GUI. This new session does not show the role menus of the roles assigned to the FireFighter ID. Since our users do not know the technical names of Tcodes, they will have a tough time to learn the technical names and execute them in NWBC from the command prompt when using the firefighte ID.

Is there anyway to overcome this FireFighter ID menu issue in NWBC?

Regards,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The FF session in 10.0 are not launched using NWBC, they are launched from the backend system using transaction GRAC_SPM. After launching the FF session the user will see the menu according to the authorizations assigned to the FF ID, in your case you might not have the right access or you probably need to configure the menu in you system, please refer to SAP Note 380029 - FAQ| SAP Easy Access Customizing

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

We are on GRC 5.3.

Our end users do not use the SAP GUI. They only use the NWBC. If firefighter cannot be used in NWBC then we have big task to train some of the SMEs to use SAP GUI while using the firefighte which i am sure will have lot of push back from the business users.

I wonder how other companys using NWBC are managing the firefighter usage.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

I have never used NWBC, so I have very little information about it, but I read sosmewhere in this forum that inorder to use firefighter, you must have sap_abap and sap_basis components installed. Does the UI that NWBC offer has these?

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used NWBC but not with FF. NWBC is just another front-end client like SAP GUI. It wouldn't have ABAP or BASIS component.

Now, going back to your question: you can build the role menu in the role which is assigned to each FF ID.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Roles assigned to the firefighter ID have menus. The problem is when the end user logs in using the firefighter through the firefight dashboard, it launches a new session (similart to what we see in the SAP GUI). In SAP GUI we can click on "Start SAP Easy Access" button and see the user menuof the firefighter ID, but in NWBC we do not have this option. In NWBC it simply throws a blank screen, and If i close the screen then user is left with their own user menu and not the firefighter ID user menu.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

In that case, it would be better to reach out to SAP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what SAP Support replied back: "Firefighter in 5.2 and 5.3 is not set up for use with NWBC. The

Firefighter user would have to login to the client and execute transactions. "

I guess we will live with usingSAP GUI for firefighter usage. In that way the users can atleast see the menu assigned to the Firefighter ID.

Regards,

Jay