SCOT runs for a longer time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Environment

===========

SAP Enterprise Extn Set 1.10

Redhat Linux 4.0

Oracle 9.2.x

Transcation SCOT (SAPConnect Administration)runs for a longer period of time and times-out after an hour of runtime.

Has anyone seen this symptom before ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DESZO,

Please find below the details

950,479 - SOFM

1,512,246 -SOST

621,136 - SOES

I see that BCST_SR table is being shown in SM50.

Thanks for your help

Rajan S

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this should mean, you have a lot of send requests. Please run also the report: RSBCSRE03. /* This should reorganise the send requests. */

Please also update statistics on BCST_SR.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEZSO,

I have tried the COMPUTE STATISTICS and it did not help.

Then, I have attempted to run REPORT RSSORE00 as described in Notes 728063 to perform SAPoffice Re-org and noticed that it runs for a longer time. I have started this three hours before and it is not completed yet. Is this something Ok ? Does it run usually for a longer time ? Please send me your comments.

Thanks

Rajan S

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The runtime depends on, how many entires exist in the Tables I wrote you above. How many entreis do you have in SOFM, SOES, SOST?

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEZSO,

I have checked the status of statistics of these tables through DB20 and noticed that statistics are current. (I get green indicator in the status column for all tables you mentioned.) . Do you think that statistics for these tables have to be updated even status is green ?

Thanks

Rajan S

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would do a "compute statistics" for all of the tables.

If the problem is not solved with that, I would create an SQL Trace (ST01) about the problem.

Turn on the trace in modus 1 , start Tr. SCOT in modus 2 what was opened befor the trace was turned on, stop the trace in ST01 and check the result. Use explain SQL for the red lines. >> Here you should see which table causes the delay. Please also consider to reorganise these tables.

You can find an overwiev in SAP note: #728063.

Regards,

Dezso

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this case is often seen with Oracle DB. Please update statistics on the following DB Tables:

SOFM , SOOS , SOES, SOST, SOOD.

Best regards,

Dezso Pap