cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statergies parameter in universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to create initial new classes and objects.

there are almost 40 tables need to create in universe.

i need to create initial new classes and objects .please suggest me whiche metohd i need to follow.Nearly 40 tables are there need to use.

I need to create manually or any other process can i follow.

I have a question like we have statergies tab in universe paramerts, and again we have Tools -> Database options -> we are giving here what the startergies are doing.what the difference.I am new to this environment.Please help me.

Regards,

Madhu

Edited by: send2madhuk on Jan 31, 2011 7:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Actually in strategies tab of universe parameters you have on what basis you have to make joins create objects and classes,

but in Tools> options--

> database you have whether you want to create joins ,objects and clases by default or not.

So according to Tools> options--

> database what you have opted you have to opt strategies in universe parameters

Remember these all are usefull only when the work has to be done fast and you feel that database is consistent

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

strategy is used to extract structural information about the tables, joins ...

BO has 2 strategy

1. built-in -strategy

2. external- strategy

1. Built-In Strategy (Default )

Object Based : Standard Rename ( Say we have a Dimension Table as Cust_Detail, Emp_Detail. It will create a class automatically as Cust Detail, Emp Detail etc.

Join Based: By Default its Edit manually. It means Designer will create join between the tables. Else you can change it to other available option. We can have Join based on same column name, Database keys etc.

2. External Strategy: User defined script that contains the same type of information as a Built in strategy, but customized to optimize information retrieval from a database.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

And use Built in Startegy (Go for External startegy if and only if Business has very specific needs). Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

And use Built in Startegy (Go for External startegy if and only if Business has very specific needs). Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos