Did you mean: 

Unable to create EWA in SOL MAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I configured EWA for SOL MAN....

I successfully generating alerts for satellite systems but not for own SOL MAN

Alert running successfully with PMS and Refresh sessins with out error

my RTCCTOOL not showing any errors/requiremwents...

please suggest...

version : SAP SOLMAN EHP1

Regards,

Siva.

Edited by: skreddy555 on Jan 30, 2011 1:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use this PDF for activation of EWA in Ehp1

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E

Regards,

Sohrab

Edited by: Sohrab Kapoor on Feb 3, 2011 8:37 PM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

So you are saying you can generate EWA reports for Satellite systems but not Solman itself?

That really doesn't give any details to the problem, as what has occured and what has not.

Is the EWA scheduled? Have you run solman_setup on Solution Manager as the managed system?

If you want to generate an EWA for Soman itself, then you also need to treat it like a managed system.

IWhat it the status in solman_ewa_adm? Is it active? If it is ther eand active it should be scheduled and then there should

be something in DSWP. Is the icon a bottle? 2 Bottles? A Red Flag? A Grey Diamond, a Document?

Is the maintenace package task scheduled and running with no errors? Are you using the SM_<SID>CLNT<nnn>_BACK RFC or the NONE RFC in SDCN as the back RFC and have you tested them?

Is SM:EXEC SERVICES finishing or cancelling? If it is cancelling is there a dump?

These are some things to check. But it is hard to even gues what the problem is because you have been so vague.

If you can describe what you have done to configure, what is working, and what seems not to be working, this would help to get an idea where & what the problem may be. But you generally need to treat the Solution Manager exactly the same as a satellite system when setting it up for EWA reporting. This make is both a managed and the managing system. So you can't skip any steps just because its the managing system. If you describe the problem in more detail, and if any part in the process is working, and what is not, that is helpful.

You should see it schedulied in DWSP. If not, then it's not scheduled. But the status in DSWP can tell a lot. A Red Flag means a problem with SDCCN tasks or the RFC, a Grey Diamond means important data is misisng and the report can't be generated, so that is a probelm is data collection, two flasks indicates sm:exec services has not run or is failing.

So you really need to give more information....unless I have already touch upon your problem, I don't know how helpful people can be but toss out general information.

I'd like to help more if you can give more details to what you see and don't see that you should.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paul,

My EWA for SOLMAN is configured as satillite sytem.

SM : EXEC SERVICES job Running successful.

maintenace package task runnning for my client 300 with SM_<SID>CLNT<nnn>_BACK RFC's

A RED FLAG in my DSWP for solman...

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Red flag in DSWP states session data expired, means your solution manager waited to create the reports,but couldnt able to receive a data from the satelite system, hence left and made as red flag.

hence please check whether the BACK RFC working fine or not

and once try to execute the task "Refresh sessions" and check.

Thanks,

Jansi

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Setting up an EWA for Solman is the same as for any managed system/

A Red Flag means the data has not been written to the service session.

There are several tasks in SDCCN that can fail and will result in a red flag.

The maintenance package should 1) Refesh Definitions, 2) Refresh Sessions,

When the refresh session task runs, it creates an EarlyWatch Alert task.

So is the Earlywatch Alert task being created? You should see this in the Done tab?

If it is being creates, do you see any error lines.....errors start with a yellow lightening bolt.

If the EWA task has errors the session will not be populated (red flag).

NowThe RFC is normally SM_<SID>CLNT<nnn>_BACK, however Solution Manage can also use

RFC NONE(uppercase), so in SDCCN in the Settings > Task Specific> RFC Destinations

So just make sure the RFC use is consistent, meaning don't specify NONE as the destination and then use the *_BACK RFC.

Ensure the RFC user is Not a dialog user as a dialog password ages(expires)...it should be a communication user, it can be a ssytem user, it should never be a dialog user.

Ensure the Target host specified in the RFC matches the actual host (SOLMAN).

The issue with Red flag is either with SDCCN errors/ misconfiguration or a problem with the RFC.

This is where you need to focus your T/S efforts. Hopefully the hints I have provided will lead you to the root cause of this issue.

Regards,

Paul