cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MARD & MARDH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody explain the difference between tables MARD & MARDH.

As per my understanding MARD has data for current period only whearas in MARDH has inventory details for all the previous closing periods.

In my case i am observing that both tables contain data for previous period but data is from different postings.It is not clear under what circumstances data will get updated in MARD & MARDH.

regards,

Mohit Goyal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

MARDH is a history table

MARD - Storage Location Data for Material for the current period.

These history tables can contain one entry for each period.

An entry is created in the history table only if the stock-relevant data or valuation-relevant data changes (G/R, G/I…).

<b>Example</b>

Let's say at the start of period 02, there are 100 pieces of material 458111 in stock (MARD-LABST).

<b>Goods receipt</b>

50 pieces are received in period 02.

<b>System response</b>

The system records a stock of 100 pieces in the history table for period 01 (MARDH). At the same time, the system increases the current stock to 150 pieces (MARD).

<b>Goods receipt</b>

50 more pieces are received in period 02.

<b>System response</b>

The history table is unaffected by this event because an entry already exists for period 01. The system increases the current stock to 200 pieces.

<b>Goods issue</b>

25 pieces are withdrawn from stock in period 04.

<b>System response</b>

The system records a stock of 200 pieces in the history table for 03. At the same time, the system reduces the current stock to 175 pieces (the history table does NOT contain an entry for period 02 because there were no goods movements in period 03).

<b>Rules</b>

If the history table does not contain an entry for the previous period, the values for the previous period are the same as those for the current period.

If the history table does not contain an entry for period 'n' that precedes the previous period, the values for period 'n' are the same as those for the period

n + 1.

You cannot read the information for the previous period directly from current period/year tables. (MBEW, MARD, MCHB, etc). Instead, you need to interpret and read the history tables (MBEWH, MARDH, MCHBH, etc).

Hope this helps and clarifies.

Thanks,

Viswanath

0 Kudos

Hi,

MARD is the table showing the current stock situation, and does not contain fields for the previous period. It is updated by every stock movement (current or previous

period). MARDH is the history table, which shows the period before the period of MARD. It will only be updated, if posting is done for the previous period.

If there has been no goods movement for some month, MARD shows the period where the last movement took place (i.e. 01/2006). If now a goods movement is done, MARD is updated (07/2006), MARDH is created with the values of the MARD before the udpate and with the period of the previous period (06/2006).

Hope this helps.

Michael