cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO universe over Microsoft cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I need to drive my report based on prompt I select at report level as in ( Year, Month). I tryed isprompselected() to drive my dimension used in the report new time object = ( if(ispromptselected("year"));year;month ). I used the new time object in report as time dimension. it is not working as it gives error for all measures in report.

I tried the same from normal fact and dimension its working fine there.

Second thing i tried is making a aggregate aware function but it not supporting in my universe. Must be because it is made from Microsoft analysis cube.

Is there any way i can implement this ??

My objective is to show only (month or year ) which is selected in prompt. so if user select only year my report should be based on year only.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more detail.

Regards,

Mohit Vyas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create a dynamic dimension in your universe where the prompt will drive the dimension level.

You just have to create a prompt with static values as following.

Here is an example based on MSAS AdventureWorks that works fine. Create an object with the following definition (this is not a calculated measure):

@Prompt('Select a period','A:N',{'Year':'[Date].[Calendar].[Calendar Year]','Month':'[Date].[Calendar].[Month]'},mono,primary_key)

Didier

Answers (0)