cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC scenario not working with MS Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried the JDBC scenario with the MS access database, MS office 2007. i have read that it doesnt eed drivers to be installed but there is an error in the Adapter monitoring that the drivers could not be found.

Please help

Yashwanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Please look into following thread it might answer your query. Drivers are required for the scenario.

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

thnx

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install JDBC Drivers.Since Microsoft do not produce a JDBC driver for MS Access, you can use the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge as a MS Access JDBC driver. Use the JDBC-ODBC Bridge to provide the connectivity layer.

Thanks

Sweety

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is wrong. You need always JDBC drivers for any database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thank you for the reply. but i saw it here :

Please confirm.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> thank you for the reply. but i saw it here :

>

I do not see anything in that thread that states that you do not need a special driver.

And besides: The way how JDBC works requests to have a db specific driver for any DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thank you for the replies. I will try installing the drivers and check.

Stefan,

This is what confused me in the thread I mentioned :

"Since your OS is Microsoft , You dont need to install drivers for MS access. Your PI can directly connect to MS access database which is running at OS level."

It is there in the second last reply. Could you please clarify.. just for my knowledge..

thank you...