cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to differentiate "Financial view to cost element" by portfolio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We have made the settings for the financial upload PS/CO to RPM (under Define Financial Planning Settings) and this work fine.

A second portfolio have now been created (fetching data from the same controlling area) where the requirement to group the data in RPM however is different.

The question is then if this is possible to manage?

When looking in the IMG in the dialog structure "Map Financial View to Cost Elements" there is no portfolio dimension available by which to separate this.

The only thing I can think of is to

• add the new financial groups the above dialog structure

• create a Z-table (with portfolio and financial group) and there determine which financial group should be used for which portfolio. If this z-table can be read as part of running RPM_FIN02 then that could perhaps work.

The above is however cumbersome and not very "standard", if at all possible.

We are currently at PPM 4.5 and I can see from the documentation that this functionality is enhanced in PPM 5.0. I have not however seen anything that seem to adress the above requirement.

Ideas / Suggestions?

Thanks / Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

This can be achieved with standard configuartion only.

1) Create separate set of financial category, group and views for both portfolio types.

2) Assign the financial category and views to the respective portfolio type using configuration Define finacial and Capacity Settings for portfolio types.

3) Assign the separate views (of each portfolio type) to the respective cost elements based on your requirements.

After above mentioned configurations, your requirement should be met.

Regards

Amit

Answers (0)