Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Values for a characteristic

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Here is a requirement that our client wants to be implemented in ECC 6.0.

We will create a 89 insp lot and would like to record results with a set up as follows:

Operation: Stg 01

Characteristic: Infra Red

Point1: Value1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5

Point2: Value1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5

Point 30: Value1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5.

Operation: Stg 02

Characteristic: Surface Spec

Point1: Value1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5

Background: M1 is the material produced and is subjected to 'Infra Red' testing (one of the many tests) at various points or lengths of the materials. Similalry, there are other operations with different characteristcs undergoing tests for other characteristics at the same points (ie Point1, Pointw....). These test are not done on a regular basis and are done randomly, may be once a month.

Is there a way to map thsi scenario in QM module. Any hints or directions are greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot

BE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Youcan explore the concept of "inspection points".I think precisly you can solve this.

In Inspection plan header define the "free defined inspection points"

This will allow you to do the result recording for a Char at different time/phase/ or whatever.

Also you can use sampling procedure with sample size 5 & with inspection point.

explore it !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

Inspection point is best for your requirement but if whatever reason you can not use inspection points it try this alternate

1. In the MIC set the indicators

Single results

Scope not fixed.

2. In the inspection lot RR screen, In field Inspected, enter number of results you want to capture.

3. Open drop down on 'singles Val' SAP will allow one result for each one of them.

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marwadi and SujitSND

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated. I tested this, but however, I'm unable to use any calculated characteristic to calculate average value of these 5 readings within the operation. Is there any way I can do that?

thanks again

BE

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set the characteristic up with the control indicator of "individual results recording" instead of summarized. Also set the indicator to use a sampling procedure. Create a sampling procedure calling for a fix sample size of 5.

Your 5 values should be average together for an average vale for each inspection point.

FF