Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open order Closing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement as follows:

My client gets a sales order for 100kg but they delivery only 80kgs and decide not to deliver the remaining 20kgs due to some reason. Since the sales order would be open for the remaining 20kgs, how do I close the sales order for the remaining 20kgs?

I was planning on using reason for rejection, but will that affect my reporting?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define a new rejection code for that. Then in reporting exclude sales order line items with that rejection code.

You can easily manage it like that.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have decided to go with reason of rejection for this.

I now close this thread.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI rohan,

But do they want the sales order quantity to be 100 only? if not you can simply change the order Quantity.

Regards

Suchait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchaith,

They do not want to change the order quantity. Reason being, they want a report to see every month how many orders they were not able to fully deliver.

for Ex: in one month for a particular material, the customers may have ordered for a cumulative quantity of 1000kg but they were only able to delivery 800kg. They need this for planning for production for the next month.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but will that affect my reporting?

You can define the system based on the settings you maintain in OVAG

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi