cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting tcodes only to run in background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Basis Experts,

Is there a way to restrict a tcode only to be run in background only, i have some performance issue, i want one particular tcode to be run only in background.

Please suggest,

Robert.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert King

Do you have any specific tcode which should be execute in background ?

The t-code which require the data entry cannot be execute in background like va01/vl01 and many other t-codes which should register the data entry.

There are mostly reports which could be execute in background or schedule the specific time to execute in background.

Performance Issues

Pleae take the proactive approach to solve the performance issues;

1) Note the time of system while performance degrade

2) Monitor the system and user activity; might be any user execute the reports which having the SQL expensive statement which need to be identify during the monitoring or Early Watch Alert reports.

3)Also; Monitor the Hardware resources like CPU, Memory and Page file to find the causes of the slow performance.

4) CPU too busy

5) Not enough memory to handle the process

6) Page file; too much swap occured

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

I understand your point, but i need to forbid a particular tcode which is of report type to only in background.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then remove the tocde access in all the roles and then schedule the job using the abap program in SM36.

This will ensure that tocde is not accessible but you can run the program in background as you have access to se38.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Thats a strait answer, i do not want to remove tcode from roles but want to restrcit only to background, user should get an prompt to run in background , is there a way?

Regards,

Robert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

You would clearly need ABAP assistance for this. I don't think you can achieve this functionality at Basis level alone.

With Regards.

Ruchit.