Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a View?

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

we are developing a Web Dynpro Application by using Open SQL. Creating Data tables and types in the Dict. Perspective of Dev. Studio is no problem, but how can I create a View and deploy it?

Thanx for your help!

Regards

Christof

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Finally we could solve the problem on our own.

Kind regards

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please share how you solved ur problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

I hope you are talking about webdynpro in JAVA. Please go through tha following tutorial to know how to create and deploy wd applications,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/java?rid=/webcontent/uuid/7d646a6c-0501-0010-b480-bf47b8673143">getting [original link is broken] [original link is broken].

I hope this will solve your problem.

Best regards,

Guru.

PS:Reward points.

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is not my first WD Appl. but until now I only created tables and types. Actually I want to create a View in the Dictionary Explorer. But I can not find any possibility. Is there any?

KR

Christof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

to my knowledge it is not possible to create a view in a java dictionary project.

Possible workaround:

Create a table in your dictionary project, deploy it and afterwards delete this table from your DB. Then create a view, which is equivalent to the deleted table.

Regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris

This link could help you !!!

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f5/eb51590e6a11d7b84900047582c9f7/frameset.htm">iView</a>

Thanks

Jack

<b>Allot points if my post helps !!!!</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

I think creating views is only possible through the SQL Studio that comes with the MaxDB installation. I don't think there is a work around to do that through NWDS yet.

Regards,

Guru.

PS: Reward Points for helpfull replis.

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

that doesn't work because the so created View is not registered in the JDDI of the J2EE Engine. Or do you now a workaround?

Greets

Christof

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

No,

i am not talking about a portal application.

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

Are you using Development Components?

Create a WebDynpro DC, from that you can reference your dictionary DC, then you can create a WebDynpro application with views to display your data.

You might also want to consider using a Session Bean (another DC, EJB this time :o)) to separate business logic and data access from UI.

I guess you are a beginner on WebDynpro?

Have a look at the WebDynpro section here on SDN. There are loads of tutorials.

Regards

Markus

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

thanks for your help, but thats not the kind of Views I am talking about. I mean Views that are created on the database. If I create them on the Database directly, they are not registered in the JDDI and it is not possible to use them by OPEN SQL but only by NATIVE SQL. I was wondering if there is any workaround for this problem.

Kind Regards

Christof