cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD ABap - Directory Browser

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any possiblity to build a directory browser or to get all directories of the frontend, i.e. where the client/browser runs????similar to the cl_gui_frontend_services methods, but the only work with sapgui.

kind regards,

oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

Won't the easiest way be to use a file selector? (i.e. like <input type="file"> in an HTML form?)

What do you intend to browse for, and what do you want to do with the file(s) selected?

Only the browser has access to the local file system, as the input type file produces this kind of dialog, which is a browser function, but other than that, I think the browser will prevent a subprocess from accessing the file system, or will cause some sort of security warning (e.g. if you are using an ActiveX control or applet).

So unless you have a special ActiveX control or applet to suit your specific needs, you cannot get information to the server about the client filesystem (other than via the standard html form elements).

Cheers,

Martin

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

yes all i wanna do is get a list of all directories ,starting from a special directory on the frontend machine.

I would than show them in a Tree or sth. like that.

If there is not built-in function do i have to use an active-x control via the "Active Componente" of the WD Library? Do you know any control that is available ?

kind regards,

oliver

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately, there is no built-in control that offers such a functionality. Moreover, the integration of custom ActiveX controls is currently not possible. Nonetheless, you could implement such a tree using BSP and run both the WDA and BSP application at the same page within a portal environment.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Could you please tell me howyou were able to imlement a file browser in your webdynpro screen?

Regards,

Shobhit