cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms: Displaying work area data in different windows

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of showing work area data in different windows i.e work area which has sent from program needs to come in different windows of the form. I have created a smartform which will perfectly doing the above logic. The above work area also contains amount fields. I am also passing language 'English' or 'French', based on this i am displaying some texts also.

But Client wants to see the same requirement in Adobe forms. Ao i am new to Adobe forms, I need some help for performing the above scenario. I am doing my research on this. But i want to know the steps which will not reduce the performance.

In smartform, first window contains personnel no from work area and the second window contains address from work area. Then i have created a template with employee premium amount column, company premium amount column and total of that, all these from work area. So work area will contain only one row which i have to show in different window and on template.

In Adobe forms, How can i do the same this which i have done in smart forms.

Please suggest me any one in doing this. I appreciate your answers.

Thanks,

s.vikgnesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikgnesh,

Hope you went through some documents in developing Adobe Forms.

There are no windows in adobe forms. You can make seperate 'subforms' for different sections. There is an interface associated with each adobe form. Go to SFP transaction and to build an interface based on your work area. Once the interface is build, you can design your form layout based on that.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes as Santoosh said there is no such wiondow option in Adobe forms.

But if you use webdynpro java/Abap we can acheive this.

think something like this below, if it works.

have 2 views 1st for the adobe form, 2nd view in a new window for the work area screen.

in the adobe view have a button for the work area and respective event handler.

in the event handler call this window, and then reload the same adobe form.

if from the work area form if you need value to be passed to this adobe form. have a event handler for this.

when purpose is done, close that window and set value to the required context field on the form. and reload that adobe form.

this is a fuzzy process and time consuming, unless business has no other option we dont go this approach.

but for sure this works, we did the same for a EHS process.

Cheers,

Sai