cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any possibility to generate the bill first than Delivery & Picking?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD GURUS & EXPERTS,

We know that standard procedure of SAP SD is Sales Order --> Outbound Delivery -> Picking --> Billing. It means delivery & Picking is carried out before billing, and as we pick the material stock deducted from the inventory.

But in my scenario, Customer has a grace period of 7-15 days to get the delivery. It means Customer deposit the money at office than Billing should be generate (from Office). This bill sent to the ware house and ware house deliver the material against this Bill.

If we carried out standard procedure than there will be difference in Physical as well as System stock.

So, is there any possibility to generate the bill first than Delivery & Picking.

Thanks in advance.

Devendra Singh Chauhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has given the option of creating billing document without doing the post goods issue. So your have to create the sales order, then delivery and then billing. Later you can do the PGI.

If that is applicable you can set Copy Requirement "11 - Head.dlv-rel.w/o GI" for relevant delivery to billing copy control settings (Tx: VTFL) under relevant item category.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

You can do the billing even before creating a delvery. This is called as Order related billing. In order related billing you maintain the copy controls and in the Billing requirements field select the option A (order quantity less invoiced qty)

But for your requirement I would suggest you to create a Pro forma invoice and issue it to the customer.

The customer will make payment against the proforma invoice. Alternatively you can go for Order related billing.

This should work for you. Let me know if you are still facing problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohan,

thanks for your reply. But in my few cases we don't create the sales Order. It means we direct make invoice than delivery.

Please tell me how can we handle such cases. In this scenerio.

With Thanks,

DSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devendra,

There has to be a basis and reference on which you bill a customer. Can you explain your scenario in detail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohan,

In my scenario, Customer has a grace period of 7-15 days to get the delivery. It means Customer deposit the money at office than Billing should be generate (from Office). This bill sent to the ware house and ware house deliver the material against this Bill.

For regular customer (For whom we are maintaining the Customer Master and creating Sales Order) we are already using same process as suggested by you. But,

For irregular customer (Who purchase the material once or twice in year), we do not maintain the Customer Master and also do not create the sales order. For such customer we have created a common customer i.e. One Time Customer and create the delivery than Invoice. and maintain the Customer detail in Long text. But problem is:

In this process we get the difference in Physical as well as System stock.

Please suggest.

DSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done by created through the following steps:

1. Create a one time customer

2. Create Invoice using T.Code FB70

3. Make the posting using F-28

4. As far as the stock is concerned, you can reduce the stock by creating a delivery without reference to a sales order in VL01N

You dont need to create an invoice again after delivery if you make the item catedory not relevant for billing.

I have not tried this configuration but hope this resolves your issue.

Edited by: Rohan Gudavalli on Jan 29, 2011 11:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohan,

Thanks for your support,

Points awarded.

I will check with my client than reply.

With thanks,

DSC

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
we do not maintain the Customer Master

Not necessary. For this purpose only, SAP has given an Account Group "One Time Customer" which you can make use of this.

With the same customer code, you can change the address as and when your client got a sale order from such customers.

With this customer code, you can create sale order, delivery, billing. In fact, you should be aware, SAP will allow you to generate proforma against a delivery that is not PGId. If at all you dont want to do PGI, you can make use of this option.

Needless to say, the system (billing and then delivery) what you had indicated is definitely not recommended.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Devendra,

I was wondering if you can manipulate the process of cash sales for your requirement. like billing document can be printed before PGI. delivery is created in background and can be used when you make actual delivery.

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the issue without any satisfactory reply.

DSC