Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS Project Creation with SAP PPM 5.0

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having query regarding the SAP PS project creation corresponding to portfolio item. We are having SAP PPM 5.0.

As a standard functionality, we can created project in SAP PS when an item is saved in SAP PPM 5.0.

We need to incorporate 2 changes in the standard creation of SAP PS project from SAP PPM 5.0

1) We want to influence the project creation based on the proposal field for portfolio item rather than on save of portfolio item. So, I want the project to be created in SAP PS when the proposal flag is unchecked.

2) We want to add IM positions to the project created in SAP PS. As part of the stadard project creation, IM poistions are not getting added to WBS elements.

Please help me how can we technically achieve this solution with SAP PPM 5.0.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

For the question 1, I dont think there is a standard customization available. You can go for a development. My suggestion is, use the Decision Points status change Workflow. For that workflow, change the logic to create a project in PS or cProjects(on your requirement).

Actually I had the similar requirement like your first one. I yet to implement this. So I'm not sure about how exactly it could done. If you have any Idea in further proceedings please do lemmi also know.

And even if you find any better solution for this, share the same with me Amit.

My mail Id:gnsantu@gmail.com

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the question 2 you can use an operative project in the DFM instead of a template.

Best regards,

Jonatan

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

good question then... what you might like to try (without guarantee that it will work, had no time to code it myself)

- use BAdi RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS, ATTRIBUTE_MODIFY (or /RPM/DECISION_POINT if the proposal field is set from the DP status)

- /RPM/CL_ITEM_D_API, method GET_ITEM_OBJECT

- cast the result to CL_RPM_PROJECT_O

- call method SET_PS_CREATION_PARAMS of the instance

Let me know in case you get it working through this

Cheers

Thorsten

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten

Thanks for the guidance. But unfortunalely, I did not get the success yet. Is there any way to influence the create_psproject field directly in web-dynpro - /rpm/item_details.

Please provide me the guidance how it can be achieved.

Thanks and regards

Amit

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

re 1) - I have not tried it myself, but would think that enhancement spot INM_OF_SYNC could be used

Best regards

Thorsten

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten ,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried with INM_OF_SYNC.

But unfortunately, the enhancement spot is not getting called while project creation.

Regards

Amit