cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yard management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am very new to yard management and my Client is asking me to configure below steps if possible

step 1) check-in the vehicle

step 2) assign outbound shipment

step 3) check-out the vehicle

But in standard SAP we have to do some extra steps if we assign a shipment to vehicle. step 3 4 5 are not needed in the below sequence for my client. If anybody has idea how to do this Please reply to this tread.Any help will be highly appreciated

step 1) check-in the vehicle

step 2) assign outbound shipment

step 3) scheduling

step 4) movement to door

step 5) load

step 6) check-out the vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can automate some of the steps by using "Add-Ins --> Activity Processing Enhancements" in the YM config. There are a couple of methods you can use to automate the steps. This needs some abap though.

Cheers,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hien,

Thanks for your reply, Can you please elaborate the 2 methods you mentioned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi seshwm,

Mmmm...It's a bit difficult to say exactly what we did, for then I would need to give you my code, but all started in Business Add-In Implementation (BADI) IF_EX_LXYRD_ACTIVITY_PROC. We made a copy fo the SAP std one to ZLE_WM_YM_ACT. See the help text in config for: Logistics Execution --> Yard Management --> Add-Ins -->Activity Processing Enhancements. It explains how to create the badi you want to use.

In this badi we identified method ACTIVITY_UPDATE_POST and ACTIVITY_MOVE_DEST_CHANG to use to automate some of the steps in the Yard flow. I created a "routing" which all the trucks must follow from entrance to exit which I configure in a custom table. In our development I also check against the outbound delivery status of the document(s) linked to a vehicle. Printing is also automated.

Custom tables were defined as: 1. YM Routing (the steps the yard flow exists of) 2. YM Routing Release (a release function to "OK" delivery documents for leaving the Yard) 3. YM Release History (Logs of all the transactions going through the Yard). My steps for the flow is basically the following:

1. Create Vehicle (manual)

2. Create Check-in activity at Entrance Gate (manual)

3. Create movement to scale (automated)

4. Create weighing activity (manual)

5. Create scheduling activity to door (automated)

6. Assign vehicle to shipment (manual)

7. Create movement to Door (automated)

8. Start/Finish loading activity (manual)

9. Create movement to scale (automated)

10. Create weighing activity (manual)

11. Create movement to Exit Gate (automated)

12. Release procedure (from 2nd custom table)

13. Create check-out activity to Exit gate.

I hope this helps,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, it helped

lopezcb21
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.