cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-30027 Cannot retrieve structure Cannot read query definition: HELP!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all I am new to the Portal and Visual Composer (we are on version 7.0 SP5).

Tried to create an Iview using a Query on our BW box. I type in the query name and do a search and it finds it (within the Find Data Services window). When I click on the plus sign next to Structure and then the Variables, Characteristics, and Result folders I get the following messages: "Error - 30027 Cannot retrieve structure Cannot read query definition: Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Nested Exception. INVALID_INPUT: Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Nested Exception. INVALID_INPUT". I don't have anything in my VC grid as of yet. I just did a "New Model" and then went right into "FindData" icon.

From the Portal box, If I go into System Administration, System Landscape, Portal Content, Systemlandscape. I see 1 system our BW DEV box. I right-click and do a "Connection Tests" and all 3 tests pass (SAP Web AS Connection, ITS Connection, Connection Test for Connectors).

Any idea what may be wrong here? Please be as detailed as possible as we do NOT have a basis person.

HELP!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the probelm is from the BW query .

coudl you chcek from the Bcakend i.e login to your DEV BW system and test your query i.e the one you are trying to access from the VC.

Otherwise try to use some other query which is works fine from the Backend.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This query works fine from the backend (via BEx Analyzer). I have also tried other queries and get the same results.

Any ideas???