cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema hierarchy for product in SAP APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

From R/3 material master, the field product hierarchy of master data tab is CiFed to APO product.

However, this field seems to be text only in APO, so I'm trying to reproduce this hierarchy in APO.

I've created a schema hierarchy structure for product in APO with the same level as R/3 hierarchy and same level number same and I've set as the code field the hierarchy field of the product master : PRDHA. I've choose a schema hierarchy as our R/3 hierarchy is based on this logic (the number of characters is significant for the level).

I've then created a hierarchy with this structure.

However, when I access to the maintain hierarchy tcode (/SAPAPO/RELHSHOW) with this structure, I can't populate it as only display is available.

I've then try to populate product hierarchy field in product master but it doesn't seem to do any change to the hierarchy.

Can you please explain what I'm doing wrong and how to poopulate a schema hirarchy for product in SAP APO?

Thanks for your help

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas

I have not worked with a schema hierarchy before. But i was facing a similar issue when i tried to update the custom "hierarchy" (1) that i had created. Then i found that the link table had to be updated to allow the addition of elements to hiearchy.

You have to run the report /sapapo/rel_change _linktable . Please refer notes 910669 and 992948 and iam sure you will get an idea.

thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your answer,

I had a look at the note you said and tried the report they mentioned.

It has fixed some errors in relation tables but it didn't solve my problem : no way to add data to schema hierarchy.

Does someone have already used a schema hierarchy? I can't find any exemple on the net on how to use it exactly and help.sap.com is quite light on this topic.

Nicolas

Answers (0)