cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6 PLM:Engineering Change Management documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helle experts

I am new in SAP PLM area. I was looking for SAP ECC6 documentation including master data, transaction data and configuration in ECM(ECR,ECO) area

Many thanks

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Currently I cannot find any documentation required by you. But here is some pointers for you. The ECN functionality is Web Enabled in PLM 7.0 and higher release. Its possible to do almost everything that that CC** transactions can do. Additionally it also has a new functionality of PLM ACM(Access Control Management) and PLM Process Route(PR). ACM is authorization concept for PLM Web UI and Process Route is an Ad-Hoc workflow.

Process Route comes in from PLM 7.01 release.

For ECO, now PLM Wen UI has a new object called PLM Change Record. It makes ECO process more flexible and works on a different architecture than the normal ECO in CC** Transactions.

PLM 7.0 is already released and hence you have see PLM ECN in PLM 7.0 in EhP4. Unfortunately I do not know of any help available on net about the above. I shall find the same and keep you posted about it.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

ECM- Engineering Change Management is a Central component you woud get the necessary info in the following Help link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/d8/7322804b7511d1894b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

for the necesary master data, config data you would ideally need a SAP IDES system which comes with minimum basic config & master data chk with you Admin for an SAP Auth IDES system.

hope this info helps

thanks

john