0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have tree structure as below.

1.      Node A
               1.a      Node B
                   1.a.i    Node C

I have declared method 'Method_A' as supply function for Node A.similarly

I have declared method 'Method_B' as supply function for Node B.similary

I have declared method 'Method_C' as supply function for Node C.

When I am executing in debugging mode both 'Method_A' and 'Method_B' is triggering for initial display of tree. Without expanding Node A ,we are already getting the Node B data and storing in corresponding nodes. This is becoming performance issue as I am hitting database in those 3 methods. My problem is without expanding why that 'Method_B' supply function is

triggering. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Suma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229979
Participant
0 Kudos

The supply function is always get triggered even if you do not expand the parent node in tree.

Reason: It fills the value to the child node based on parent's value.

To avoid this, you can set teh condition as follows:

In node B supply function, method_B:

check the instance of parent node A here, and if that is not initial, then only hit the database for filling node B.

In node C supply function, method_C:

Check the instance of parent node B here, and if that is not initial, then only hit the database for filling node C.

This is the only possible solution one can think of.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator message - When closing old threads, there is no need to add a comment. Adding a pasted answer like "Solved" only brings old threads to the top of the forum list and pushes current ones down. If you do add a comment, please indicate just how the problem was resolved. Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suma,

Check out the cardinality of the node B.

0..N

1..N

it should be 1..N where as instance creation might be triggering the supply function in starting.

thanks,