cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending the DP Planning area time horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

we would like to extend the DP planning area horizon now. the current planning area storage bucket profile and the time series for the planning area are only until 01.03.2012, i want to extend the horizon beyon this ..what is the exact procedure for this..

do i need to change the storage bucket prfl horizons first before extending or..pls advice..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry for the delay but i think you were talking about "time bucket does not exist" when you have said time buckets missing.

If my assumption is correct, then the inconsistency is from the livecache side. There will be a missing time grid in the livecache.

The programs which may delete this time grid is /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG and execution of tcode /sapapo/om17. If these were running during that time then this inconsistency will be caused. Most probably i have seen this error only during extraction. When extracting data, the system creates a so-called timegrid for reading data. This timegrid is deleted at the end of each activity. But if during the extraction, the timegrid is deleted due to some other programs or process, the error 'Time bucket does not exist' will occur.

I think /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK may detect the error but it will be resolved if you run /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG now.

I hope the above information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to add to the above explanation:

The storage bucket profile defines the overall validity and granularity. The horizon is important e.g. if you execute the consistency check or initialize a planning area. As a general rule, the horizon of the storage bucket profile should always be greater than any initalization horizon for an associated planning area.

However, the storage bucket profile does not keep any liveCache timeseries data. This is the big difference. Data is saved in timeseries which are reserved in liveCache as per initialization horizon of the corresponding planning area and version.

As explained, please always choose a horizon for the storage bucket profile which is greater than the initialization horizon for an associated planning area.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Backup the data from your planning area to back up cube (just as a safety measure).

Now check the time stream in your storage bucket profile. Extend it using tcode /sapapo/calendar if necessary. Then change the storage bucket profile horizon and then initialize the planning area for a new range and you will be all set after that

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aparna & Nithin,

I made the changes in the storage bucket profile and iam trying to extend the time series of the planing area using report /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE, when i put all the details including the horizons and execute initialization fails saying time buckets missing..do i need to do the planning area consistency check after changing the horizon in the storage bucket profile? Regards

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never seen this error before. Did you change the calendar by any change. If so did you generate the time periods in the calendar ? Check that once more .

Also the answer to your question "do we have to run cons check after changing storage bucket pro" - No

thanks

Aparna