cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Patch set 10.2.0.4 for HP-UX PA-RISK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can anyone please tell me the path to download the Oracle Patch ser 10.2.0.4 for HP-UX PA_RISK?

I need to upgrade our DB level - currently Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

For upgrade to Oracle 11g I need to be on minimum 10.2.0.4. I tried to find the patchset files on :

Software downloads ->Database patches -> Oracle ->Oracle 64-bit ->Oracle 10.2.0. 64-bit Here I can't find 10.2.0.4

On the other path Software downloads ->Database patches -> Oracle ->Oracle 10.2.0.4 -> Database RDBMS ->HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit) I can't find the patch set only bundle patch 10.2.0.4.6

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

I found the zip file under path: Oracle -> Oracle 10.2.0 Software (64 bit) -> Installation ->Hp_UX -> Oracle -> 51036965_3 ORACLE RDBMS Patch 10.2.0.4 HP-UX on PA-RISC 64bit

Unpacked it under windows and ftp the Disk1 folder to my server.

BR,

Ruzica

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The four files I mentioned are concatenated together to a ZIP file - which is then the same you were trying to find.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Markus,

You're right. I downloaded during the weekend also your files and concatenated to see what's in it. The readme file was confusing me.

Ok now I'll start the patchset upgrade.

BR,

Ruzica

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can anyone please tell me the path to download the Oracle Patch ser 10.2.0.4 for HP-UX PA_RISK?

Why not use the CURRENT patchlevel - which is 10.2.0.5?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

There is one other issue I didn't write it down, that we will also do data consolidation of two production instances which have different Oracle patch level one is the one I plan to upgrade 10.2.0.2 and the other is on 10.2.0.4

First we will do SAP systems merge and when there will be only one DB instance we'll do Oracle upgrade to 11g

That's why I need 10.2.0.4 patch set.

BR, Ruzica

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> First we will do SAP systems merge and when there will be only one DB instance we'll do Oracle upgrade to 11g

And why do you think a merge of application data is dependent on the Oracle patchlevel? I mean those patchlevel are on a technical level, even if you'd use SQL on the lower level it works you don't merge "binaries" but database content, right?

http://service.sap.com/swcenter-3pmain

--> Oracle

--> Oracle 10.2.0.4

--> Database RDBMS

--> HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)

There you can download the patchset.

BTW: this is also mentioned in "1137346 - Oracle 10.2.0: Patches/patch collections for Oracle 10.2.0.4" )

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

> And why do you think a merge of application data is dependent on the Oracle patchlevel? I mean those patchlevel are on a technical level, even if you'd use SQL on the lower level it works you don't merge "binaries" but database content, right?

OK you are right about the merge, but there will be external profesional services and they've asked the same level of DB

And once again about the link you have mentioned is about the patches for level 10.2.0.4 not the patch set 10.2.0.4

Where can I download the patch set 10.2.0.4?

tnx again,

Ruzica

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> And once again about the link you have mentioned is about the patches for level 10.2.0.4 not the patch set 10.2.0.4

??

I see there:

Patchset_10204_HPUX-64aa.bin

Patchset_10204_HPUX-64ab.bin

Patchset_10204_HPUX-64ac.bin

Patchset_10204_HPUX-64ad.bin

> Where can I download the patch set 10.2.0.4?

See above - and read the mentioned note how to concatenate them

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check the read me file it says "Oracle® Database SAP® Bundle Patch 10.2.0.4.6 - 201012"?

Is this the patch set or the Bundel patch with patches which can be implemented with opatch and ....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did apply same patch for IA64.

When you download software from SAP site, That will form patchset for DVD1

You have to look for zip file in the dvd. copy zip file into your unix box and unzip the file. ( install unzip utility in the unix)

for ex: p6810189_10204_HPUX-IA64.zip

run following command from Disk1

./runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs ( if you are at 11.31, you have to use ignoreSysPrereqs otherwise discard that option)

then....window style of click....keep clicking next ...next....finish installation