cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic DDIC Value Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to display different F4 Value Helps in one column of a Web Dynpro ABAP Table UI Element. I wonder if there is a way to achieve that.

I have a context node, which contains two fields. The value help of field B depends on the input of field A. The corresponding value help to the value of field A could either be a collective search help or an elementary search help and has to be determined at runtime.

Because the value help is maintained on the context attribute level, that entry is valid for the whole column. But I want to have different value helps for each cell in that column.

Can anybody help me?

Regards

Mark André Kluck

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the below procedure :

data lo_nd_info type if_wd_context_node_info.
lo_nd_info = lo_nd->get_node_info( ).

CALL METHOD lo_nd_info->set_attribute_value_help
EXPORTING
name = 'ATTR1' " Your attribute Name
value_help_mode = '121' " Valid value help mode
value_help = 'Z187442'. " Search help name

The various possible values that you can pass to value_help_mode are as shown below.

deactivated 101

automatic 111

ddic 121

ovs 131

also refer this discussion [|]

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can't use the SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP as was suggested becuase this would control the value help for the entire column.

>But I want to have different value helps for each cell in that column.

The best advice I could give you is to create two attributes. Copy the data of your single attribute into the other "clone" attribute. Set two different value helps on these two different attributes.

Now when you design the table, create a cell variant of type inputField for this column. In the cell variant bind to the "clone" attribute. Then bind the column property selectedCellVariant to a context attribute that can control which cellEditor is displayed at the individual row level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately i can't define clone attributes, because i don't know how many different value helps i need at runtime. I read the possible search helps from a customizing table. Thus it can be an arbitrary number of different value helps.

But i've already found a solution for that.

I've defined a DDIC value help for field B in the context attribute. This DDIC value help is a collective search help, which has field A as Importing and field B as Exporting Parameter. Via a search help exit i read my customizing and call the corresponding search help dynamically with F4UT_SUBSHLP_CHOOSE.

Thanks

Mark André Kluck