Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSEG Table maintenance

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus,

We are not able to see entries related to Material and material quantity in BSEG table. I am not sure why these entries are not coming in this table.

As far as my knowledge goes BSEG table is a cluster table and an important part of the Accounting Document Segment.

It comes in picture whenever there is a movement type of material such as 601 is involved i.e. at the time of PGI or PGR, i have my doubts over u201Chow it is skipping data insertion in this table?u201D

Could anybody let me know from where and how BSEG table fatched material and its quantity.

Thanks in advance. Suitable Text Removed

Regards

Vinod Kumar

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Jan 28, 2011 9:16 PM Dont offer anything

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked whether the accounting document has been generated or not.

If not do as suggested by shivaram

The table will have entry only when there is an Accounting Doc.

regards

Prashanth

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Prashanth and Shiva,

Accounting document has already been created for this but still no entries in table BSEG. The only issue is material and material quantity are not coming in BSEG....

Regards

Vinod

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a definitely a weird issue I think. As already indicated, this table will get updated once a billing document is generated.

In your case, this should only be a unique issue where only for a particular billing document, this table has not been updated.

If the issue is for all documents, then it is easy to identify the root cause. May be you can check

a) whether before creating the billing document, any change is made in Accounting view of material master

b) whether the OMJJ setting for that movement type is in line with standard and no changes is made especially in "Account Grouping" tab

c) whether no changes is made in OMS2 for Quantity/Value updation

Last but not least, in document flow, what is the status showing against Accounting Document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Indeed its a weired issue. As suggested by you we have checked everywhere but not able to figure out why it is not posting material and material quantity to BSEG table.

Few points which might help you:

1. Its happening after transporting some requests in Dec 2010. None of them have any impact on BSEG.

2. Happening with all documents since last transport...

3. OMJJ and OMS2 are OK

4. Accounting document ststus is not cleared..

Do we have any SAP notes to force the data in BSEG at the the time of PGI/PGR.

Regards

Vinod

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Its happening after transporting some requests in Dec 2010

In that case, you need to take the list of those requests and check which particular request relates to changes in SD table that parallely affects BSEG table.

You can also check from document flow for that Accounting document whether values are posted correctly in FI. As a random test, take a billing document for which an Accounting document is generated and check in FB03 how many line items are flowing. Next go to SE16 / BSEG and check whether you could see all those line items in this table.

Meanwhile, you can also check from those transport requests what changes were made in which SD tables.

Perhaps, you can also have a look at the following notes which may help you.

1) Note 10083 - BSIS missing for G/L account

2) Note 401646 - New DataSources for Line Items from FI-GL, FI-AP, FI-AR

3) Note 416076 - SELECT FOR UPDATE does not lock cluster tables

4) Note 608340 - SAP Cons.: No quantity update in subsequent posting from FI

5) Note 677630 - Correcting functional areas in FI documents

6) Note 685688 - Release of "old" invoices as of SAP R/3 Enterprise

7) Note 1497911 - F-26: All items not selected

In case, you could find out the root cause, please update the forum without fail which will be very helpful to all.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

The problem seems to be caused by implementation of SAP Note 36353 - AC interface: Summarizing FI documents. Could you let me know how to rectify this. Is their any SAP notes which will resolve this issue.

Regards

Vinod

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

The problem is because of this SAP Note 36353 only. We don't want to reverse it and are looking for another solution to rectify it. Is there any SAP note which can correct the side effects of SAP Note 36353.

Regards

Vinod

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure whether this will help you.

Execute SNOTE and select the note 36353. Now press "Cntrl and F3" and set to "Not Relevant".

May you can do this exercise in development client and if you are satisfied, you can do the same in production client also. It is better to check with any Basis expert on this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you do the PGI or PGR then it creates a material doc and it stores in MSEG In MSEG check for MSEG-MATNR for material and for qty it is MSEG-MENGE.

In BKPF or BSEG tables system updates the fields only after you create a Invoice where it also generates an accounting doc.

So you have to check in MSEG table for MATNR and MENGE after doing the PGI or PGR

regards

Prashanth

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I checked MSEG table and found that matrial n.o is coming in MSEG table. As suggested created an invoice as well but there r no entries in BSEG table. Could you suggest something else.

Regards

Vinod

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested created an invoice as well but there r no entries in BSEG table.

Did you release the invoice to accounting? If not release it in VF02 and then check again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in BSEG - you can find MATNR - which stands for MATERIAL

in MSEG & MKPF - take the document + material as reference to find the quantity.

you cannot find the material with quantity both in BSEG.

hope this clears your issue.

balajia