Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting LDAP with SUP1.5.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

im facing problem when i connect LDAP server to SUP ,

i get login failed error ast my device, my LDAP andSUP is on both machines and running fine

what i intend to do is login to my BB application with the same credentials which i have in my CRM box at the backend.

so i created new users in LDAP with same un/ps as of CRM login in LDAP and configured LDAP in control center,

i created domain, security configurations, roles etc at control center.

i have made changes at MBO level to accept runtime credentials and gave proper roles at time of deployment,

when i run application it gives authentication failed error,

how can i debug LDAP server what request it is taking and how,,, secondly is there any other settings which im missing

i have SUP 1.5.5 server

thanks

sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you get succuess if you deploy the project on "default" domain name ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if i deploy the package in default domain it worls fine as default domain is using NoSecProvider(No Security Provide i guess) in Security configuration where as in 1.5.2 the default domain has LDAP as security provider by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sameer nayyar,

I understood ur issue.

U might have missed assigning the users in the user Group.

Hope U have installed JXplorer LDAP Browser : http://jxplorer.org/

If so then get into this and insert the entries in

Groups:

SUP Administrator: Click on Table Editor --> Right Click on unique Member --> Add another Value

Place the entry like this -- > uid=CRMUser1, ou=users, dc=example,dc=com

do the above steps for SUP User group as well.

Hope this will definitely resolve your issue.

Regards,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lokesh,

i have created users in user groups and more on i have created user with same un/ps which i use to login to my CRM,

i used Apache studio to open my LDAP repository(this browser comes with the SUP installation ), and create new user and manage them.

Again to add, if i use NoSecProvider in my security configuration im able to login with my new Un/ps created with same credentials as of CRM but when i use LDAP security module it doesnt work.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check is the user is created with these parameters:

cn CRM_Users

objectClass person

objectClass inetOrgPerson

objectClass organizationalPerson

objectClass top

uid CRM_User1

userPassword CRM_User1Pw

and User Groups are created with these parameters:

cn SUP User

objectClass groupOfUniqueNames

objectClass top

uniqueMember uid=CRM_User1, ou=users, dc=example,dc=com

cn SUP Administrator

objectClass groupOfUniqueNames

objectClass top

uniqueMember uid=CRM_User1, ou=users, dc=example,dc=com

Regards,

Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.... i was able to get through the login using LDAP, the only thing i did was removed provider type as "LDAP" under authorisation tab in security in Control center, afaria ran for a day but now im facing a another problem, afaria server service itself is not starting up.

i reverted back the changes which i did under authorisation tab but didnt help, and now server is not starting up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the exact error message? Is the error message different if you try to login with the standard supAdmin user?

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for reply..

i tried calling the sync from a windows client now and here is the error message

point1 error i get in server logs and point 2 error i get at client side.

1)

ERROR Mobilink Thread-166 [com.sybase.ml.sup.Logger] [-10013] Version 'default_mobile2.1_0' not found in the ml_script_version table. Cannot synchronize

2)

com.sybase.persistence.SynchronizeException: ianywhere.ultralitej.implementation.JrException: UltraLiteJ Error[-794]: Synchronization server failed to commit the upload (SQLCODE -10310) Unable to authenticate the user

Also i checked in the 1.5.2 default security provider is LDAP but in 1.5.5 default provider for NoSecProvider and i have to add LDAP as security provider, it was not default ..and i gave the same LDAP configuration as in 1.5.2.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you try to log in as supAdmin to see if you get the same error?

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the error is coming for all users im logging with, including supAdmin, seems it is connecting to ldap server nad not getting through..not sure..

thanks