cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone,

First, some product categories were not relevant and were flagged as not valid, but were not removed from the system, and also within a transaction PPOMA_BBP remain valid for a choice for some users, for this reason, some users can still take off to make reservations,

tell me please what the solution in this situation more correctly,

1) obsolete categories PPOMA_BBP noted as inactive

2) to remove them from the tables COMM_CATEGORY, COMM_CATEGORYT?

maybe there is something more correctly the decision?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my suggestion let it be there.

i believe you can remove from organisation structure - extended attribute- product category.

so that no one can procure via free text from SRM.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Removing the relevent product categories from organisation structure would be better, that way the users wudnt be able to use them while creating SC.

Though I am not sure about removing them from tables mentioned by you.

But generally, during my previous assignments, we had some Product categories in table, yet not assigned to particular user in organisation structure.

-Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo ,

as I wrote above, I also think deactivation through the transaction the best solution.

but for me interessno how the actual udadenie of materials, through which transactions or function. They can not forever remain in the system.

regards DaV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo

I agree that the decision by PPOMA most reliable.

but unfortunately, these inactive productscategories very much, more than 100, and enter them into PPOMA is not very convenient.

is there any alternative solution by PPOMA may remove the productcategories via the transaction comm_hierarchy?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dav,

The better way is to remove from Org Structure > Extended Attributes > Product Categories. Suggest to remove from the highest node, where Product Categories were initially maintained in the Org structure.

Removing from COMM_CATEGORY is not recommended.