Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy / Migrate Tracks NWDI 7.11

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

is it possible to copy / migrate existing tracks and development configurations from one CE 7.11 NWDI to another CE 7.11 NWDI?

If yes, how can I do this?

Thanks ahead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

I can imagine this behaviour for instance in the following scenario:

1. you start the replication and it replicates couple of elements

2. the replication stops due to various reasons, minor errors, etc, but due to point 1 some elements are already integrated into the target workspace.

3. You restart the replication after fixing the minor problem and the tool reports 'skipping' for those elements which were integrated in the previous steps already.

Best Regards,

Ervin

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I started the replication only once and the DTR workspace was completely empty.

Now in addition to that another problem occurs. I imported the development configuration into my NWDS and changed some code. After Check-In I activated the code and everything works fine.

But when I want to release the changes for transport, a lot of old activities from the old installation are show in addition to my single new activity. And when releasing the activity the error message

Bundling already done of some of the activities: ..... - perhaps the activities are already released

comes up.

But the activities were completely released in my old installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks ahead

Bernd

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

In SLD --> Administration there should be a link for "Export" and "Import", however I am not an SLD expert unfortunately.

Best Regards,

Ervin

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, you were right. In SLD administration there is a function where you can export only the reserved names.

But what about the message while replicating that it is "Skipping the export/import of ... because it is already present in targetID"? But the target Track was empty before the replication.

Regards,

Bernd

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

first of all I am happy to see that the replication was fine

I assume you are using then not the old SLD but a new one. This case yes, of course, you need to ensure that the new SLD is also having the reserved names.

See this note how to proceed in case you change the SLD (your case counts as if you had changed the SLD):

#1031984 - Changing the SLD in the Change Management Service (CMS)

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1031984)

in short: either you recreate the names if there are not too much of them (or you export from "old" SLD and import into "new" one).

Best Regards,

Ervin

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. But how to export the names from the old SLD and import them into the new ones? There are too much of them to recreate them manually.

Another question regarding the replication: What happens to open activities and things in the import queue of cons when the track is replicated?

While replicating I got several messages that it is "Skipping the export/import of ... because it is already present in targetID". But the traget Track was empty before the replication.

Thanks ahead

Bernd

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Bernd,

did it work?

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Still testing. But looks good...

Regards,

Bernd

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

the replication was ok. Think there was no problem.

I have developed some lines for testing purposes. But when I want to check-In the activity into the new NWDI there is a problem with the name reservation. Do I have to migrate the reserved names additionally? It's a new SLD!

Thanks ahead

Bernd

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

sure, sda is just a ZIP like archive.

Simply just extract the file somewhere for instance using jar -xvf <file> and then start the application, we are lucky this case as there's no need to deploy this sda.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

this is most likely due to the note:

#1377679 -- DTR Console "replicate command" don't work

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1377679)

Best Regards,

Ervin

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I've already read this note, but JSPM tolds me that

Delivery unit with version 2517429 located in D:\usr\sap\CE1\SYS\EPS\in\tcdtrconsole~sda.sda is not a valid update for component sap.com/tc/dtr/console/sda with version 7.1102.20090320101519.0000.

So this note seems to be not applicable.

Other ideas?

Regards, Bernd

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

If you go for replication, then as described in the guide, you'll have a new track on the target NWDI, and by this you'll have consequently a new development configuration as soon as you save the track. You can then import this development configuration from the new NWDI into your NWDS. Development configuration is just a server side XML file which includes the dependent SCs of your track, plus the location of cms, dtr, cbs and the sld. If you import development config into your NWDS, then this server side xml file will be transfered to your client side NWDS and will be represented on your local filesystem as the .confdef file, so next time you intend to sync a resource NWDS does not need to contact again SLD to get the devconfig, but it can proceed as per the local .confdef file. Any time you change on the track configuration and resave the track, this development configuration will be updated on server side which you have to update again in your NWDS (or reimport to get the server side changes reflected on client side) .

Best Regards,

Ervin

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I decided to chosse the "replication" variant. But now I have the problem when I run the replication the following problem occurs:

>script c:\cap_replicate.txt

>connect sapce2:50000 user pw targetID

Created session "targetID"

targetID:/>connect sapce1:50000 user pw sourceID

Created session "sourceID"

sourceID:/>replicate -r -d c:\temp\replicate /ws/MYDEV/company.de_MY_DEV/dev/inactive targetID /ws/MYDEV/company.de_MY_DEV/dev/inactive

Set the state of the workspace targetID:/ws/MYDEV/company.de_MY_DEV/dev/inactive

to restricted

Replicating integrations of /ws/MYDEV/company.de_MY_DEV/dev/inactive

Error: Received "403 Forbidden" response for the request: REPORT /dtr/

Precondition: XCM:missing-argument

Anybody knows a solution for this issue?

Thanks ahead.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this case you can go for option 2 or 3.

Depends on whether you require the full version history (replication) or it is fine to have the latest one (assembly).

Best Regards,

Ervin

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

If I chosse replication and the source repository is replicated to the new server. What happens with my development configurations etc.? CMS and CBS data?

Thanks ahead

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

have a look at this thread of mine:

Thank you!  

Best Regards,

Ervin

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for this link. But I am not sure what is the best option for me.

I have two servers with two NWDI installed (completely different landscapes). Both are at CE 7.11.

Now I want to copy one development track from the first server (will be deleted in future) to the new second server.

Regards