Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with field output conversion when activating the Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm facing an issue very strange.

I made an interactive form for a customer which is based on abap dictionnary and send by e-mail to user. This form works fine and is in Production system .

Now i made an evolution on this form and when i activate the forms in SAP , all the field conversion are lost so when i got the form Date fields appears with 00000000 if they are empty.

To solved this issue in Development system , i delete the form and recreate it and that's have been sold .

Now this issue appears in Quality system also after transport it...so i try to do the same way to solve it ...i create one transport order where the forms is deleted and another one to recreate it ..but the issue still alive.

I search on OSS and don't find any notes for this .

This issue also appears on aonther forms which is not interactive one ( purchase order printout ) .

I work on ECC 6.0 with AdobeLifeCycle Designer ES 2

Does anybody face this issue and solved it ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, could you please elaborate why did you do this?

I mean why do you need conversions? What kind of conversions?

Do you work with display and edit patterns in the form? Different field types in the forms? Alpha conversions in the backend?

The more you describe why the better chance we have to find a workaround or another approach when you don´t know why the one you use doesn´t work.

cheers Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

The trouble concern backend conversion when the form is executed.

My form is based on SAP DDIC interface , so when i execute the form thru an ABAP Program all data are normally converted with SAP EDIT MASK when the value is transfered to the XML data file.

In the layout of the form, i don't use specific edit mask for fields and that works fine until now. I made several forms for over 4 years and never meet this issue until now.

Regards

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, now I can see why do you ask.

Sorry for asking stupid questions on and on but could you describe how the data look like in the different phases of processing?

I expects something like:

DOCNR in table 000345

DOCNR in XML file for form 345

DOCNR in form 000345 but I want it 345...

This could help me understand.

By the way: why do you mention "activating the form" in the subject? What exactly is the problem with activation?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no stupid question except thoses which we don't says...

For example i got field of type DATUM , in my forms when i generate it the value of this field is initial that means 00000000 in SAP

Normally with the output conversion in SAP this value is consider as empty and as the field is define as DATUM fiel the value display is ' '. But with my issue the value display is '00000000' because the field type is not define in the %WORK part of the function module .

Is it more clear now?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i still don´t get it. When I want to have a field empty when the value is initial (from the backend point of view) I have two options:

a) use scripting to clear the value

b) use pattern so the form will display initial value as ...well nothing

For me this sounds like you expect something that is not available. Or... maybe the error is on my side of the line... I have never seen another approach. The output conversion within ERP is something different from what you get in the form.

cheers Otto

p.s.: If it is something I have never seen before, I might not be able to help. I don´t know anything else than two options named above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i will try to explain more clearly because i think there's a misunderstanding .

When you define an interface of Adobe forms you can choose between DDIC interface or XML interface. When you chose DDIC interface when you generate the form all necessary SAP CONVERSION EXIT are use when value are given to the XML file .

For example i got a field type datum define in my interface which is based on DDIC .

I place this field in the layout and set the edit mask in the layout with 'YYYY/MM/DD' for example.

Now i execute the forms and give value '00000000' to the field, normally what should appears in the result is : nothing because it's an initial value.

But in my case the value appears as '00000000' , the edit mask in the form is not taking into account and the conversion of value inside ABAP Stakc is not done.

When you have a look inside the function module generated by the form, you will fin a routine which name is %WORK and inside it you will see a routine which is %OUTPUT which is call for each field you want to print in the form .

If my field is correctly output on the form the data type is givent to this routine in order to make it correct and until now everuthnigs looks good for me but my issue is that the data type of field are not given to this routine so it consider each field as simple TEXT and that wrongs.

juste bellow the code generated for the routine %OUTPUT

form %output using p_name      type fpfield
                   p_value     type any
                   p_datatype  type datatype_d
                   p_abap_type type c
                   p_reffield  type fpunit
                   p_unit      type any
                   p_edit_mask type convexit.

case p_abap_type.
    when cl_abap_typedescr=>typekind_struct1 or
         cl_abap_typedescr=>typekind_struct2 or
         cl_abap_typedescr=>typekind_table.
*     ignore
    when others.
      call function 'FPCOMP_WRITE_DATA_FIELD'
        exporting
          i_field_name   = p_name
          i_value        = p_value
          i_ddic_type    = p_datatype
          i_data_type    = p_abap_type
          i_edit_mask    = p_edit_mask
          i_ref_name     = p_reffield
          i_ref_value    = p_unit
        exceptions
          usage_error    = 1
          system_error   = 2
          internal_error = 3
          others         = 4.
      %fpcomp_error.
  endcase.

endform.                    "%output

is it more clear now ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I still face the same issue and for trying to be more clear here is the code generated by SAP when it's works fine

PERFORM %OUTPUT USING 'DATE_FIN' S_VM_HEADER-DATE_FIN 'DATS' 'D' ' ' ' ' ' '.

As you can see when the value is written into the XML file , the function module will give the data format , here it's DATS.

But each time i made a modification on the form , these line , for example, becomes like this

PERFORM %OUTPUT USING 'DATE_FIN' S_VM_HEADER-DATE_FIN '' '' ' ' ' ' ' '.

So when the value is written it's consider as simple text ....

the only way i found to solve this is to copy the form into a new one and the line comes as it was before the modification.

Regards

former_member317232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hy Bertrand,

I found the solution !

Just apply OSS 0001518283 "Imported PDF form is not generated correctly"

Then launch FP_GENERATE_FUNCTION_MODULE on quality to generate again PDF function module.

former_member221372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saphir,

Today, I am also facing the same issue in Quality & Production.

Could you please explain me how did you solve this..

Its bit urgent.

Cheers,

Bharat