Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC-FILE - If IDOC is not triggered, need to genarate file with constants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a scenario like this.

IDOC to FILE scenario.

1. IDOC will get triggerd everyday and flat file will be genatated at specified location.

2. If IDOC is not genarated for the day, need to genarate falt file with some constants.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

any other answers for my question.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I assume that Idocs are being triggred from a different system say SAP r/3 system to XI server. Since you do not have any messages to verify whether idoc has been triggred for the day or not, you have to keep a log in the SAP r/3 system in form of a table. This table (say Z_IDOC_TIME) will contain one entry having date and time when last idoc has been sent to PI system. Now one ABAP code is required which will continuously read the contents of last entry in the ZIDOC_TIME and compare with current server time. If the difference between the time is found to be more or equal to 24 hours then emails can be triggred to a fixed set of recipients. The set of recipients may be made dynamic by storing them in a table say ZEMAILID. So the ABAP program will take contents from both Z_IDOC_TIME and ZEMAILID. The flat file with constants can be attached with the emails.

In case you do not want emails to be sent then you would require batch jobs which will run in background. This batch job will check at a particular time if iodcs were sent for the day or not. If they not been sent then it will call ABAP code to trigger iodcs with a different data set than what is expected by PI in normal conditions (may be you can populate the idoc with the constants you would like in the file). When such an idoc is received in PI then you can easily generate an flat file with required constants.

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

This can done by using the BPM and a timmer need to set for it,or ask the functional people to send some ACK if the IDOC is not triggered,so that we can avoid BPM clock ticking and improve the server performance.

Thanks

Sampath