cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java add-in cannot connect to message server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm installing a Java add-in to an ABAP system (NW 2004s). During the start of the Java Engine, the processes cannot be started. When I look al dev_jcontrol, I see this:

Thr 2860] Sun Jul 30 19:59:45 2006

[Thr 2860] ***LOG Q0I=> NiPConnect2: connect (10061: WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused) [nixxi.cpp 2764]

[Thr 2860] *** ERROR => NiPConnect2: SiPeekPendConn failed for hdl 2 / sock 1740

(SI_ECONN_REFUSE; I4; ST; <IP-ADDRESS>:36) [nixxi.cpp 2764]

[Thr 2860] *** ERROR => MsIAttachEx: NiBufConnect to /36 failed (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [msxxi.c 652]

[Thr 2860] *** WARNING => Can't attach to message server (/36) [rc = -100]-> reconnect [jcntrms.c 368]

It seems that JControl tries to connect to the message server on port 36. Where can this be corrected?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Discovering this thread when I had the same problem (with port number 36 not the 3901) I was frustrated to see no posted solution. So now that I have solved it, here is my solution:

Cause

=====

The J2EE add in adds a number of parameters to the default profile - however it does not import these into the database version of the profiles in RZ10. Hence if you modify a parameter in the DEFAULT.PFL using RZ10 and activate it without first doing a "Import Profiles of Active Servers" the parameters added by J2EE install dissappear.

Solution

========

In my case, I just compared the DEFAULT.PFL.BAK file to DEFAULT.PFL and readded the missing entries - incase people have lost there BAK file, here are the entries I needed to put back in (note your port numbers and instance numbers may differ):

1. SAP Central Service Instance for J2EE

j2ee/scs/host = j2ee/scs/system = 01 j2ee/ms/port = 3901 j2ee/dbtype = ora j2ee/dbname = BWP j2ee/dbhost =

Restart the instance and magic! It works.

Regards,

Jason Currey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

many thanks for posting the solution. After submitting the parameters it worked.

Without it would have taken me a big bit longer to crack this one.

My default profile (active and backup) only contained the parameters: j2ee/dbtype, j2ee/dbname and j2ee/dbhost. I was evidently missing the first three ones you mentioned.

I owe you one

Regards,

Raymond

btw: I installed Nw2004 Sr2 / Erp2005 Sr2 (Ecc component) on Maxdb 7.6

0 Kudos

I also installing Java add-in NW2004s and i get similar error message in dev_jcontrol

Thr 01] ***LOG Q0I=> NiPConnect: connect (79: Connection refused) [nixxi.cpp 2454]

[Thr 01] *** ERROR => NiPConnect: SiConnect failed for hdl 2 / sock 12

(SI_ECONN_REFUSE; I4; ST; 10.219.3.103:3601) [nixxi.cpp 2454]

[Thr 01] *** ERROR => MsIAttachEx: NiBufConnect to bitest/3601 failed (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [msxxi_mt.c 652]

[Thr 01] *** WARNING => Can't attach to message server (bitest/3601) [rc = -100]-> reconnect [jcntrms_mt.c 368]

The message Sever for Instance DVEBMGS listen on Port 3601 and the message Server for Instance SCS listen on Port 3901.

Can anybody help about this?

DominikP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can change it somwhere in the Config Tool or in the Instance Profiles.

Just take a look.

I hope this is helpfull.

kindly regards,

Dominik