cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing bulk Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have SOAP to Proxy scenario. I am expecting bulk messages (approx 100) from the third party at a time.

They sent around 30 requests at one go and XI was able to process on 15 and for rest it has throw exception.

Is there any way we can handle bulk messages?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Skumar,

the first very important question: Is your scenario synchronous? I assume yes (because otherwise message shouldnt fail but stuck for a while in a queue). The no of workthreads in SM50 is the restricting parameter. You should agree any change there with a basis consultant.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is asynchronous.

Could you please explain in detail how do we increase the threads in SM50?

Thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Skumar,

the messages should be queued in case of an asynchronous scenario. Where did the messages fail (adapter engine? integration engine?) and how does the error msg look like?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i Check the adapter engine?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Communication Channel Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

please also check if during the processing your SOAP adapter asynchronous queue threads if they are max out?

by default these queues are set to use 5 threads, but you can increas them depending upon your load and resources you have to utilize.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Prabhat Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can go for message packaging in PI .

Here is this article which might help you out :http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10b54994-f569-2a10-ad8f-cf5c68a9447c

Thanks

Ravi