Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Error : Table row is larger than 176 cm

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm getting above error when printing serial numbers (OBJK table - SERNR field) over 500. I need to print this with in a single cell in the table.

I guess the reason for the error is ; that when ther are considerable amount of serial numbers (lets say over 500) the cell doesn't allocate that much of space.

Below is the sample of my Table :

Serial Number|Item code|Description|

000000000001|0001 |XXX

000000000001|0002 |YYY

000000000002|

000000000003|

How do i solve this...?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member548442
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have got the similar issue.

Tried with all the above solutions.

But my error resolved by fixing some issue in the SMARTFORMS - STYLES.

There was a paragraph spacing related issue.

issue resolved by adjusting the paragraph spacing.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a restriction of the Smartform that the length of a single table cell cannot be longer than 176 cm. So if you try to print an

extremly large text, which is longer than 176 cm, in a single table cell this error message is processed.

This is a technical restriction in Smartforms. There only 5 digits torepresent this. (99999 TWIPs ~ 176 cm). So for a table the only solution is to split the text so it is not all in one single table cell.

So you can either split the text or replace the table by a loop.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Truncate all leading zeros from serial number.Ex: Serial Number '0000001' should be print '1'.Write a small code with the function module "CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_output' before printing the table row elements.Or you can directly write &fieldname(Z)& to print without leading zeros.

regards,

Suvajit.