SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I had some doubt regarding the commitment item category to be used for the profit & loss account gl.

As in our case we need budget check only at the time of procurment.

Hence for other profit &loss account what should be item category ,if i put 30 it will ask for budget and fund center.

please suggest

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are different ways to avoid budget check on certain FM objects. For commitment items, the easiest would be to define thel as statistical lines; you will have FM entry, but no budget will be checked.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member

Hi. If you need AVC only for PR/PO, then exclude other 'operation' from Tolerance profile. IMG-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Budget Control System (BCS)-Availability Control-Edit Tolerance Profiles

Or exclude Value types from AVC ledgers:

IMG-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Budget Control System (BCS)-Availability Control-Settings for Availability Control Ledger-Define Filter Settings for Commitment/Actual Values

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are different ways to avoid budget check on certain FM objects. For commitment items, the easiest would be to define thel as statistical lines; you will have FM entry, but no budget will be checked.

Regards,

Eli

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I too believe that the best way is to mark the commitment item as statistical and make the settings in FM deriver accordingly .

In FMCIA you can mark the item as statistical so then budget would not be checked for that commitment item .

the other option would be to go for value type wise setting as per your requirement .

Regards ,

Dewang T