cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To transfer PPV when doing transfer posting of stock between projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum Members,

Good day, below is a issue which I have been pondering about for some time now & all my Google'ng n searching seems to hit a dead end.

A part is purchased as a project stock & subsequently there is a variance posted for this part say due to invoice. As long as it remains in the same project I am able to trace the price & PPV (purchase price variance). But once I transfer this stock from one project to another project, the transfer will be done at the valuated project material price & the PPV portion remains in the first project itself.

Is there a way to transfer the PPV as well at the time of transfer posting, instead of finance having to do some adjustments at a later date (as the volume of such is very high, it is time consuming)?

I was evaluating transfer pricing, but not quite sure if that is the right approach to address this or would it be an overkill.

Await your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think transfer price is not the right solution to this as transfer price is meant to work for two different companies of a group. Further, there seems no solution for this PPV. I suggest you to create a report which shows relation between the material movement to project stock that was done initially and the financial documents created then. This report should also have details, in case material have already been transferred out of project stock to another project. Believe me it is possible to generate this report either using query or ABAP program.

Sorry for not providing any concrete solution to this.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Girish,

Thanks for your inputs, appreciate the same. At present I have a abap report, but the process is very manual & time consuming.

I am looking for alternatives at this time to ensure the process can be automated & thus make efficient utilization of system.

@ Others: If any of you extensively use Transfer Pricing, can you let me know if I can use it for my need & what constraints do I need to keep in mind.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (0)