cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment/Notes to Billing Milestones in Project Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Does any one experienced so far "attachment/notes" to billing milestones in project builder.

I will give more details so that it would be easy to go thorugh my question.

In project builder, expand billing WBS element which have milestones in structure area, select any of one of them staying in structure area, righ click on milestone which opens another screen which display so many options. for example notes, attachment etc.

My question here is that, is it possible to attachment documents etc to milestones?, if attached where we can see them.

Aslo in regards to notes, where do we see and who are the others users can see those notes, I mean, SD, Finance etc. Let me tell you. I tried to maintain some notes one billing milestone and could not see on SD or on billing document. I am curious.

How to activate to see those notes/attachments in PS so that data would flow to X-modules. What is required to activate such things so that PM in PS module can input his comments on billing related.

Looking forward to hear from you all. Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

PSR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
is it possible to attachment documents etc to milestones?

yes it is possible.

if attached where we can see them

After attaching on right clicking on the milestone you get an option for attachment list where you can view the same.

in regards to notes, where do we see

You can view in the option where you maintain the notes.

who are the others users can see those notes

Whoever has display milestone authorisation.

I would like to mention one thing, the attachment which you are making by "Services for object" is specific to that object so it does not get carry forwarded to the relevant object.

We had a situation where in the technical specification attached to the material component in CJ20N should get carry forward to PR and then to PO.We accompolished this using DMS as it is a standard functionality in it.Because attachment through DMS works on the Object Link concept.Also in DMS the original attchment is stored in content server and only the link is referred in the object.

But in your case, you are using the "Services for object" which is utilising the SAP server itself, and here the original attchment itself is referred by the object and not the link.So it wont get transferred to the subsequent process object of different modules.Whereever you can display the object(milestone) you can view the attachments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your reply. Let me try on this and keep you posted if any thing is needed further.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI PSR,

I have the same issue. If you have resolved your issue can you please share with me?

Thnaks

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I kept it open expecting few more helpful tips on this thread.

However, I have checked in system that, the user who has a Display access to project builder can view those attachments/comments whatever may be assigned at Milestone level.

Let me be honest that I have not yet tried because of one of our most important golive is scheduled for next month and is busy with those activities since long.

Right now I my question is, does it require any kind of customisation to transfer those attachments to other modules or DMS is required? or is it available in standard SAP? You know what I mean, if an attachment/notes is made to billing milestone, does it available to SD guy who bills to cusotmer?.

But one thing is sure, whenever a solution found to this at my end, definitely share with our fellow members for their information and useful for their projects. I am going to close this thread in a couple of days time and thanks for every one who has watched this one.

Regards,

PSR

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Attaching documents on the service object is standard, no need any customization. Wherever service objects are available you can attach documents on that. But it is not advisable because it will effect your server performance as these documents are directly storing in the SAP server.

The best thing to attach document is DMS. To attach document there is no object link available for milestone. But you can go a for a work around. Use class and characteristic options to record your milestone number in the document info record of the DMS.

Tnx.

Abdul

Answers (0)